Youth Development Specialist, Trilogy (Remote) – $100,000/year USD
Crossover for Work
You are a natural motivator who delights in interacting with kids and inspiring them to achieve more than anyone thought possible. As an optimist, you are energized by spending all day connecting with kids. As a high-achiever, you set high goals for yourself and others. If you genuinely care about changing kids’ lives and love motivating them, this job is for you.
We are looking for outstanding coaches who know kids have amazing capabilities. That means we are not looking for traditional educators or teachers –in fact, you’re not required to have any educational credentials. Just like how great sports coaches and fitness instructors motivate through positive encouragement, you will show our students you care about them, guide them to success, and celebrate their accomplishments.
Through one-on-one, short Zoom calls, you will provide consistent motivation and inspiration to students. You will be the cheerleader for each student’s path to success and keep them accountable while being on the same boat as them. You will also dedicate time to build relatability with students, pay close attention to their interests, and develop a personal connection with what they love.
As a result of your encouragement and genuine connection, our students will put in the hard work necessary for high standards of achievement in academics and life skills. If you genuinely love inspiring kids all day long, we would love to meet you.
What You Will Be Doing
- 1-1 calls with students over Zoom
- Coming up with ideas to motivate and inspire kids
- Developing common interests by learning about what kids love
- Fostering accountability through positive feedback and connection, not authority
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Teaching math, grammar, science, or any academic material
- Grading, assessing, or developing student plans
- Supervising students as an authority figure or “managing” students
- Spending time with students without a clear purpose
- Setting a low bar for what students can achieve
Youth Development Specialist Key Responsibilities
- Creating a relationship with students based on trust and a personal connection. Students need to want to talk with you, not dread it
- Delivering motivation and inspiration based on positive feedback
- Cultivating accountability and following through on students’ plans in an encouraging way
- Developing student confidence in their abilities and appreciating their potential
- A genuine interest and ability in building relationships with kids
- Holding high expectations for kids and fully appreciating their potential
- A positive, enthusiastic, encouraging, and optimistic personality
- Ability to conduct video calls in a quiet and peaceful environment for six hours a day between 8:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Central Time
- Love spending all day interacting with middle school-aged kids
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today’s modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4562-PE-SanMigue-YouthDevelopme.002
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo
Gestión educativa, Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro y Deportes
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.