VP Business Development – Partnerships & Licensing
Exopharm is an emerging ASX-listed biotechnology company (ASX: EX1) with a market capitalisation of around $100m and a team of over 40 staff based in Prahran, Melbourne. The company is growing strongly, has ambitions to further scale up and is very commercial.
As VP Business Development, you will focus on a range of mainly external affairs as well as internal affairs. You will work alongside the CCO to achieve challenging strategic company objectives.
Ideally you will have experience as VP Business Development or in a similar role in the biotechnology industry. You will be ambitious and very capable.
You will need to have professional qualifications and University Degree or higher.
You will need to be able to work some hours suited to US, EU and elsewhere. You will need to be able to undertake business travel.
The role is based in Melbourne and flexible working arrangements are on offer.
The successful candidate will be well-remunerated and eligible to participate in our Performance Share Plan.
More focus on dealing externally than internal – but must be able to do both.
External roles (main focus)
- Supporting exiting business relationships and partnering/licensing activities
- Building relationships and networks of their own – local and overseas
- Supporting Chief Commercial Officer and President – International
- Building the profile and reputation of Exopharm
- Assisting to build the brand of Exopharm
- Sourcing, prosecuting and closing deal
- Making external meetings and presentations professional and engaging
- Maintain a database of prospects and targets and status – some sort of CRM management
- Building and maintaining the pipeline of BD targets
- Assisting to update the Web site and partnering materials
A member of the Executive team
Exopharm is looking for:
- A pro-active and ‘can-do’ person
- More a ‘people person’ and ‘relationships person’
- A person keen to go out and meet new people and build networks – not afraid or hesitant to meet new people or make calls
- Must be very professional in communications – verbal and written – at a high level
- A very engaging person
- A bit of a ‘pirate’ with some ‘mongrel’
- Must be able to manage other people and within a matrix organisation
- A mix of Promoting & Developing (Hunter gatherer) and supporting Organising/Producing/Maintaining – needs to also provide strong support to CCO and President
- Entrepreneurial ethos, collaborator with sound time-management skills and ability to multitask.
The right person may have a background such as
- Professional qualifications and University Degree or higher
- Worked in a leadership role within Business Development for biotech / pharmaco
- Commercial facing background with an established network and key success measures
- Experienced in the typical end-to-end process of sales and BD – from prospection through relationship building, needs identification, customisation of the offer and closing a deal
- A top-performer with potential to take higher responsibilities and roles in the company
- Needs to be able to manage up, down and across
Exopharm is open to a mid-career professional who can grow into the role quickly.
Exopharm is open to flexible work arrangements. Please send applications or direct enquiries to [email protected]