Volunteer: Customer Database (CRM) Set Up for Search to Involve Pilipino Americans
SIPA enriches and empowers generations of Pilipino Americans and others by providing health and human services, community economic development, arts and culture, and a place where people of all backgrounds come together to strengthen community.
Fun Fact About Us
SIPA (Search to Involve Pilipino Americans) is considered a legacy organization in the Historic Filipinotown neighborhood in Los Angeles and is in an exciting phase of growth as it approaches its 50th year.
What You’ll Work On
- Setup of selected CRM system (e.g. Airtable, Salsa CRM, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, Bloomerang, or Kindful) including a customized set of objects, single-record editing of data and field history tracking (up to 15)
- A customized set of views and reports to allow table-based editing and analysis of data (up to 15)
- Migration of Organization’s current database to identified CRM system
- Training and guidelines on how to manage system and generate basic reports
- “Hand-off” documentation on the object schemas and any custom code
We recently purchased Salsa to manage donors. We hope to utilize Salsa for our fundraising efforts (with focus on individual donors and including a capital campaign). But we also lack a program database and hope to set up Salsa to also manage that data as well. Other than Excel spreadsheets, we have no former database for program participants or donors so there will be little migration of data.
- Database Administration
- Information Technology
- Proficiency with implementing and/or managing CRM systems
- Experience in database schema design and light coding
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 20-50 hours over 4-8 weeks
Why You’ll Love Volunteering With Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
Catchafire is committed to helping nonprofits affected by COVID-19 who need virtual volunteers now more than ever. Take a look at the projects we have available to see how you can help.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted on Catchafire, an online tool that connects nonprofits & social enterprises with passionate professionals who want to donate their skills, pro bono. All Catchafire volunteer opportunities are well scoped, flexible, and include access to support from Catchafire’s team of Nonprofit Advisors.
LinkedIn for Good Volunteering
Nonprofit Organization Management and Individual & Family Services