Volunteer: Copyediting for Tumaini Letu
We Exist To
- to promote peaceful coexistence, mutual understanding and intercultural harmony between refugees and the host communities using artistic expression;
- to provide opportunities for skills development through trainings and workshops;
- to boost the economy of refugees in Malawi through providing entrepreneurship skills and income generating opportunities;
- to promote the psychosocial well being of displaced populations by providing them with opportunities for creative expression, entertainment, counseling and community events;
- to advocate for refugees rights using events, media and public influencers to champion the refugee cause.
Fun Fact About Us
We are an organization founded and run by the refugee community and we work toward reducing poverty among refugees through education and by organizing the world first festival inside a Refugee Camp.
What You’ll Work On
- Review of up to 20 pages of copy for grammar, style, tone, and consistency
- Advice on how to write effective copy going forward
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Prior experience writing and editing copy (preferred)
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 5-10 hours over 1-2 weeks
Why You’ll Love Volunteering With Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
Catchafire is committed to helping nonprofits affected by COVID-19 who need virtual volunteers now more than ever. Take a look at the projects we have available to see how you can help.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted on Catchafire, an online tool that connects nonprofits & social enterprises with passionate professionals who want to donate their skills, pro bono. All Catchafire volunteer opportunities are well scoped, flexible, and include access to support from Catchafire’s team of Nonprofit Advisors.
LinkedIn for Good Volunteering
Nonprofit Organization Management and Individual & Family Services