Vice President – Field Services
TRC Companies, Inc.
General Responsibilities Include
- Business Development with existing and new customers, including building of relationships throughout the customer’s organization
- Preparation and development of proposals for RFPs received from customer
- Provide support for west coast operations within construction management
- P&L responsibility
- Serve as the interface between customer and various TRC departments
- Responsible for ensuring field employees are adhering to safety and quality standards, resource planning, training and mentoring, and coordinating project assignments.
Essential Functions Of Position
- Supervise, support and provide guidance for the day to day operations of the projects within region
- Responsibility to manage and maintain financial aspects of the Western Field Operations business
- Responsible for promoting TRC safety and quality standards and policies and procedures, and ensuring field employees are in compliance
- Monitor, perform evaluations, and establish performance goals and expectations for direct reports (including but not limited to technical, department and company standards, processes and procedures, customer service, financial/project performance, utilizations)
- Interface with the FSV Technical Services staff to develop and administer employee training programs and procedures, department processes and procedures, and any other technical needs
- Interface with the Safety Manager to develop and administer employee safety training programs and procedures to promote and provide a safe work environment
- Assign and schedule work as required to meet project and client requirements, assuring the highest quality and most efficient use of resources
- Support potential projects with preparation of proposals, estimates, and schedules; support project budgets, schedules and deliverables, and provide necessary task support with department resources
- Interface with direct reports on site to provide project related support, auditing, coordinating, mentoring, and professional development, where applicable.
- Take a support role in building the department by marketing Field Operation services to clients
- Responsible for ensuring complete and accurate record keeping of all work performed for assigned projects
- Be familiar with the Company’s drawing and document management system (ProjectWise), design standards, and applicable industry codes and practices
- Serve on industry committees and association groups as appropriate
- Shall have demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills, the ability to effectively market construction management and other TRC services outside the Company, provide excellent customer service, practice high level project management, be innovative, and maintain a high level of integrity.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills and be able to communicate and negotiate effectively with clients, agencies, and the general public.
- A competent reviewer of direct report capabilities to maximize the effectiveness of the group while ensuring that all projects are properly staffed to obtain desired results.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, overtime holidays and night work.
- Must be available for out-of-town travel of up to several weeks at a time.
- Must have good PC skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status required.
- Valid driver’s license issued by state of residence and is in good standing.
Education And Experience Requirements
A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Construction Management, Business or equivalent from an accredited school or University is preferred; and a minimum of 15 years of related experience and/or training is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Business Development and Sales