Our Purpose “Celebrating local flavours” is to empower and take care of each of the local communities we belong to and to bring out their authentic flavours. Some of our local brands have been in consumers’ kitchens for over a century and have positioned themselves as authentically loved brands, as well as deeply rooted parts of the local culture.
Today, with a turnover of around 1,2 billion euros and a team of around 3,000 people, we are the preferred choice of millions of consumers.
Role & Responsibilities
We are in search of a Transport Officer who will be part of the Logistics and Warehouse team. The incumbent will be responsible for anticipating, coordinating, planning and ensuring availability of adequate haulage transporters to meet the customer supply pattern of the business.
The Main Responsibilities Will Be
- Own and drive the On Time Delivery KPI from DC to distributor locations across the country.
- Control and direct all transport activities of the operations to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Coordinate with Transporters to ensure availability of trucks to match customer orders for daily supply.
- Collaboration with outbound team to plan routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Develop processes to monitor and track in-transit trucks to ensure distributors receive their stocks in full and on time.
- To communicate effectively with Customer Service Department and Sales team on shipments in transit and responding to their queries.
- Collaborate with Customer Service Department and Sales to facilitate quick offloading of trucks at distributor warehouses to inject speed in the delivery turnover.
- Monitor and report on transport costs and developing mechanism to reduce it in the chain of operation.
- Produce delivery schedule, POD documents and data for completed customer deliveries.
- Source and add to the existing list of transporters to increase the number of fleets for the operations.
- Develop transporters to become compliant with the rules and regulations guiding the transportation of goods.
What can you expect from us?
Being part of a multinational company where you will be able to contribute to growth and development of a business while being developed and equipped for success.
What can you expect from us?
We are looking for someone who is committed, has professional fleet management and coordination experience and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
- A certificate / diploma in Logistics related study
- At least 4 years working experience in fleet mobilization and coordination
- Solid understanding of the transport industry, methods, cost, and benefits
- Ability to work well with team members and navigate stressful situations
- Ability to work with Excel and Power Point
- Aligned to GBfoods Values and Culture