Transaction Services Manager (Due Diligence) – Financial Advisory
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
About The Division
Our Financial Advisory team specialises in taking facts and figures and then adding insight and expertise to maximise value and impact for our clients. Our integrated approach means our clients enjoy ‘one point of call’ that encompasses every aspect of a transaction.
Together with other Deloitte services such as Tax, Consulting and Legal, we provide a comprehensive solution to clients, using global best practice and our global and local network.
Our professionals need to have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands. We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
To support on the delivery of due diligence engagements.
Key Performance areas:
- Supports the Senior Manager on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables
- Tracks outputs against Engagement Letter and reports to Senior Manager on any unforeseen issues arising
- Seeks to identify additional sales opportunities in client business
- Assists in the preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations on request
- Is a support resource in planning of sales presentations and client negotiation teams for new and retained business
- Develops market network in business and builds relationships that generate leads
- Builds relationships across Deloitte service lines to understand broader offerings and seeks opportunities for cross-selling
- Generates innovative solutions on projects / engagements in collaboration with team members to enhance / renew service offerings to client
Client Impact: External/ Internal
- Manages day-to-day deliverables of team on client engagements / projects
- Proactively identifies client service and technical issues and implements resolutions to address these
- Develops productive working relationships with client teams
- Builds network of relationships across Deloitte to understand other service line offerings and to market own functional area
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with external clients across industries
- Participates in thought leadership process and shares functional and industry knowledge and expertise with clients, colleagues and team
- Leads delivery of team based on the EL and identifies and addresses any areas of concern in outputs
- Manages engagement/project risk to ensure that the firm’s risk policies as well as risk to client confidentiality is aligned at all times
- Consistently reviews and analyses standard and quality of team deliverables and implements changes as necessary
- Meets regularly with client and client teams to understand issues, anticipate needs and address these
- Keeps Senior Manager updated on status of engagement
- Communicates need for any changes in engagement / project plan to Senior Manager for discussion with Engagement sponsor / client
- Provides ongoing communication to teams on status of engagement / project, changes, achievements, etc.
- Drives Deloitte values of exceptional service to clients, growing the firm’s brand and talent development
Development and Growth of a Team
- Shares expertise and knowledge with team members on an ongoing basis
- Develops good working relationships with key talent in team
- Monitors resource requirements for engagement and communicates to Senior Manager the need for increase / decrease in team headcount
- Maintains own development and knowledge in specialized area.
Differentiators for this specific Role
- Attain and maintain personal productivity of above 65%
- Ability to appropriately scope an engagement and prepare a budget
- Responsibility for entire engagement (including management of other work streams) plus sections allocated to you and delivery on these sections at an above acceptable level of quality, with few review queries and within the deadline.
- Effective review of other team members sections, identification of risk and issues in each team member’s section and monitoring of other team members to ensure that they are addressing these issues in their sections.
- Consolidation of entire report and key findings and ability to identify common themes, deal issues, follow up matters and appropriate recommendations
- Responsibility for risk management and quality control procedures
- Winning Business. Demonstrate an awareness of the need to win new business and knowledge of Deloitte services (based on assignment feedback).
- Active involvement in successful proposals totaling R2 million.
- Active follow up on matters identified in our due diligence with potential cross selling opportunities
Budgets / Profitability
- Manages engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management
- Monitors that time and expenses on engagement are accurately recorded and submitted weekly
- Manages WIP on engagement and ensures billings are timeously done and collections followed up
Core Technical/Professional Capabilities
- Develops analytical models that can be visualized and interpreted convincingly to inform recommendations
- Plans and executes engagements that deliver a superior client experience
- Acts as a financial advisor across a broad spectrum of transactions through sophisticated analyses of financial information
- Builds an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and stays up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends, and leading practices
- Applies quality assurance, risk management, and confidentiality procedures in all areas of work performed and managed
- Builds expertise in one stage of the M&A lifecycle and develops network in others to position client with other technical and market experts.
Specialized Technical Capabilities
- Creates and acts upon opportunities for liquidity, growth, and long-term advantage
- Assists client in arranging debt capital, optimizing their capital structures, and maximizing returns
- Supports client throughout the infrastructure lifecycle using economic, commercial, financial, and problem solving skills
- Helps client make complex financial and commercial decisions by applying experience in finance strategy, risk management, and operational restructure
- Honour’s degree in Finance/Investment Management/ CA (SA)
- Completed articles at top 4 Audit Firm and 2-3 years working experience within a Due diligence environment.
- Postgraduate qualification in Finance/Investment Management. (CFA, MBA advantageous,)
- 3+ years experience delivering on Financial Due Diligence engagements specifically.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose – Fosters broad commitment to our purpose and values; inspires peers and teams to make an impact that matters
- Talent Management – Manages the development of a strong pipeline of talent for current/ future success; owns and drives a talent experience that differentiates Deloitte
- Performance drive – Builds a high performance culture by cultivating individual and team strengths; drives outstanding client service, often through large cross-business and/or cross-border teams
- Influence – Builds long-term, trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders and influencers, and uses highly developed influencing skills to drive impact, often in complex situations
- Strategic Direction – Sets & communicates strategic direction, excites people around the vision and goals and aligns diverse, cross-functional and cross-border teams to achieve success
- Competitive Edge – Anticipates market and competitor trends to develop and deliver bold and innovative solutions that differentiate Deloitte with clients
- Inspirational leadership – Leads from the front, acting as an exemplary role model for leaders at all levels; promotes a strong sense of loyalty and followership and energizes others to act
- Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Management Consulting, Financial Services, and Accounting