Campbelltown City Council
Reference Number: S100-21-1986
Closing Date: 13-09-2021
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Permanent Full Time (35 hours)
- Salary from $1539.10 per week + 10% super + Council Vehicle
- We are the gateway to Sydney, who are shaping new suburbs and balancing urban developments & bushland conservation.
Campbelltown City Council is an ambitious and innovative organisation in a rapidly growing city that is ideally located with easy access to key public transport and road links. Boasting extensive bushland areas along the Georges River, contrasted with vibrant city centres, Campbelltown City has been identified as a key strategic centre for the Macarthur region. Providing a range of services and facilities to a diverse community, we have a cohesive and collaborative culture that thrives on having a positive impact.
Council is experiencing significant change and growth, so the successful candidate will need to be flexible, solutions focused and abreast of current legislation.
About the role:
This role sits within the City Development Team which is expanding to meeting the demands of the growing Campbelltown LGA. This involves the assessment of a diverse range of Development Applications within both urban and greenfield settings, providing recommendations for determination under delegation or via a Planning Panel.
Reporting to the Coordinator Urban Release within the City Development Team, this is an exciting and challenging role within a multidisciplinary team, shaping the current and future land releases of Campbelltown.
We are currently seeking a Town Planner who will be responsible for:
• Efficiently and effectively assessing development and associated applications submitted to Council under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, and related legislation
• Reviewing documentation received with the submission new Development Application to determined the adequacy of information provided
• Participate in duty town planning services to provide advice regarding development matters.
• Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and to represent Council capably to developers, consultants, other government agencies and the general public
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
• Degree in Town/Urban & Regional Planning or other appropriate Town Planning qualifications
• Experience in the application of relevant planning legislation
• Significant demonstrated experience in the assessment and determination of development applications
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Commitment to role modelling our values of: Trust, Respect, Integrity, Optimism and Teamwork.
As a member of our friendly and passionate team, you’ll receive the following benefits:
• Permanent full-time, 35 hours per week
• Salary from $1539.10 per week + 10% superannuation
• A market force allowance per annum
• A fully maintained vehicle under Council’s leaseback vehicle policy
• Flexi time
• Generous leave provisions
• Generous professional development opportunities
• Weekly pay
• Free Staff car park
Key contact: For further information on this position, please contact Belinda Borg, Coordinator Urban Release on 4645 4768.
Applications close: 13 September 2021.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Campbelltown City Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values the unique contributions of all people. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Council also recognises the skills and attributes of veterans and welcomes applications from ex-service personnel.