TIP: Senior Cloud Cost Analyst
This is a Contract position through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
- You will be responsible for the cloud computing cost management to establish policies, metrics, and analytics that enable our engineering, product, and finance teams to have strong transparency into our compute resources and strategic opportunities.
- You will identify cost issues and opportunities across business units to adapt to trends, strategic imperatives, and day-to-day operations.
- You will help business units model their compute resources for new development, strategic imperatives, and operating efficiency.
- You will participate in cross-functional initiatives to understand and maximize end-to-end efficiency.
- You will analyze performance data, usage, and trends to help teams find improvement opportunities, as you dive deeper into our architecture and challenge our selection and configuration of AWS products and services.
- Develop automation to further improve visibility and autonomy from the teams
- Perform ad-hoc resource research and develop reports
- Continuously test and refine the approach to create a long-term plan that enables sustained growth for Upwork.
- Develop and maintain KPIs, scorecards, and standard methodologies documentation.
Must Haves (Required Skills)
- A strong analytical mindset with a penchant for effectively managing the diverse requirements inherent in each business unit.
- An ability to identify and advance issues quickly while working with partners to assess and tackle problems.
- Effective communication. This person can lead complex change through a diverse organization of engineers through successful communication and presentations at all levels throughout the company.
- Detailed understanding of cost management, billing, and cost optimization techniques in a global multi-account enterprise AWS environment.
- Experience handling and analyzing large data sets using native tools within AWS.
- Experience with third-party cloud aggregator software with direct experience in anomaly detection, capacity planning and rightsizing, tagging and storage lifecycle policies, and automation
- Ability to quickly adapt and embrace the changing nature of the AWS platform
- 5+ years of experience working with AWS
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo
Contrato por obra
Finanzas y Ventas
Internet, Dotación y selección de personal y Software
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita ve.linkedin.com.