Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
Join our award-winning team of data scientists, software developers and support engineers who are tackling the biggest problems in our global food systems and are pioneering disruptive innovations using AI and machine learning. As a Technical Support Engineer, you’ll be assisting our clients with all IT and technical related issues, responding to tickets and assisting clients via remote access or on site. This may include installing hardware and software systems, installing upgrades, and resolving IT issues.
You are looking for career growth and want to pioneer new technologies that will have a positive impact on the world. You love fast-paced environments, collaboration, are self-motivated and think outside the box. You speak fluent Spanish and functional English.
At ThisFish, we are passionate about building a data-driven future for sustainable seafood. Our mission is to improve profitability and sustainability in the seafood industry through data digitization, traceability and innovation. We are committed to helping bring this ancient industry into the Digital Age to ensure it will continue to feed generations to come.
About the Opportunity
ThisFish Inc. has developed Tally software for seafood factories that digitizes their production, quality control and traceability data in real-time on the factory floor using tablets and IoT devices. We have developed AI-enabled apps — called Tallybots – for process automation and predictive analytics. As a Support Engineer, you’ll be providing support to customers and channel partner in multiples time zones, solve practical day-to-day challenges in seafood processing, food safety and traceability. You’ll be helping to pioneer the adoption of AI in the global seafood sector. The world is your oyster.
What You Will Be Doing
Provide support to customers and channel partners in multiples time zones
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware and software issues for customers.
- Proving configuration changes as customer request.
- Establishing the root causes of software errors and escalating serious concern to our development team.
- Maintaining and monitoring customer infrastructure to ensure 99.99% of availability
- Keeping records of configuration changes and scheduling application upgrade.
Configure software to match workflows and data collection in seafood factories and be able to lead a customer configuration within 90 days.
- Help translate existing factory workflows and paper forms into software.
- Configure JSON schemas to generate digital forms and workflows in software.
- Configure labels using ZPL command language for printers.
- Configure IoT edge devices to integrate hardware such as weigh scales and scanners into software.
Write advanced SQL queries to configure customized dashboards and reports for traceability and production software in seafood factories.
- Collect specifications for customized dashboards and reports.
- Write advanced SQL queries that pulls data from multiple sources in the database.
- Work with embedded JSON to perform complex calculations.
Assist with on-site and cloud installations of the software in seafood manufacturing facilities lasting from 4 to 10 days. May require international travel from 6 to 10 times per year.
- Integrate hardware
- Refine configuration
- Onsite training of staff
Work remotely in a distributed, multicultural team contributing to company strategy, culture and product roadmap.
- Proactive communication to facilitate strong team collaboration across time zones.
- Contribute thoughtfully to team meetings and strategy sessions.
Why you’ll love it here
- Flexible Work Environment. We offer the opportunity to work from home with flexible hours. If you are self-motivated and goal oriented, then you’ll love the autonomy of our work culture.
- See the World: With customers literally all over the world, there’ll be plenty of opportunities for global business travel in post-pandemic times.
- Learning and Mentorship: Self-improvement, mentorship and career growth are core to our values. We are a growing company and you’ll be able to grow your career with us.
- Competitive Benefits Package: We offer employees stock options, competitive vacation and extended medical benefits.
Your Skills & Experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Information system, Computer engineering or similar
- At lease 1-2 years experience as a technical support engineer in related field
- Efficiency in determine the causes of software/hardware errors and repairing them
- Experience in project work and deadlines
- Knowledge of client-server architecture
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Hands on experience with SQL Programming, Linux (Centos), Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Docker and Postgres SQL
- In depth skill for Hardware and Software configuration
- Familiarity with support ticket system and SLA
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Spanish
- Programming and scripting skills will be an advantage
What We Believe
Our values are ROCC solid. You must have core competencies related to Respect, Ownership, Curiosity and Collaboration.
- Respect: You contribute to a happy, productive workplace; you appreciate (and share) diverse and even dissenting opinions; and you can build trusting relationships.
- Ownership: You take initiative, are self-motivated and strive for excellence in everything you do.
- Curiosity: You have the courage to ask questions, think outside the box and build disruptive innovations.
- Collaboration: You help build a common purpose, foster an inclusive culture and put the team first.
Working at ThisFish Inc.
We are passionate about building data-driven solutions to some of the hairiest problems in our global food system. At the heart of our cutting-edge innovations is a diverse, cross-functional team. We hire individuals who are driven to excel and think outside the box. Our brilliant, caring and creative people have made us into an award-winning company.
We are a globally distributed, multicultural team originally from nine different countries (and counting!). We believe a diversity of cultures and experiences makes us stronger and generates more inclusive and lasting solutions. We promote employment equity and welcome all candidates regardless of culture, race, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, economic class, physical ability or other status. Join our team to explore the world.
How to Apply
Please send a resume in English and a short cover letter explaining why you want this job to [email protected]
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
What to Expect
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Here’s what to expect in our hiring process:
- 30-minute introductory interview
- Testing (1 to 8 hours depending on role)
- 2 – 3 follow-up interviews with team members and senior managers
- Employment offer
Tipo de empleo