Technical Advisor – Market Development. PREEEP. with GIZ Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd.
The Promotion of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Programme (PREEEP) is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). PREEEP aims at improving framework conditions for access to clean energy in rural and peri-urban areas. PREEEP has four key output areas: policy, market development, skills development and decentralisation.
Under its market development activities, PREEEP aims to improve the conditions needed to strengthen the market for renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
- On the demand side, SMEs/ institutions are supported to identify renewable energy & energy efficiency projects through energy management trainings, energy assessments & business development trainings in conjunction with the private sector associations in RE/EE.
- On the supply side, an awareness campaign programme to promote the uptake of RE/EE technologies is also being implemented through outdoor, radio, print & TV. Activities focus on providing advice to support energy efficiency planning in industrial parks. The project implementation area is in West Nile, Lango Acholi regions & Soroti district.
In addition, rehabilitation of institutions with solar PV systems & biogas systems will be done.
GIZ is recruiting a Technical Advisor – Market Development to implement and provide technical advisory services in the area of renewable energy & energy efficiency in the implementation of the market development activities.
Job title Technical Advisor – Market Development.PREEEP.
Reports to Head of PREEEP Project.
Job Location : Kampala, with regular travels to Northern Uganda
Contract duration: October 2021 to September 2023
Ref. No : GIZ – PREEEP/TA-SD/082161
We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
The Technical Advisor – Market Development is responsible for:
A. Key Responsibilities
- concepts and strategies to stimulate market for renewable energy and energy efficient technologies in Small and Medium Energy Consuming Facilities (SMEs) and Social Institutions (SIs).
- energy surveys & rehabilitation of renewable energy (solar PV & biogas) systems in SIs.
- work with SMEs and institutions to conduct energy assessments & support them in writing bankable renewable energy and energy efficiency projects.
- technical input in energy efficiency planning for Eco industrial parks.
- Supervise short-term consultants and expert of the programme to fulfil their tasks during their assignment.
- Maintain communication within and close cooperation with the partners, the PREEEP team, the GIZ Energy Programme and other GIZ energy projects for coordination and implementation of synergetic and joint activities.
- Monitor project progress for implemented activities and ensure proper data management and achievement of outputs.
- Ensure active communication and visibility of the market development activities in the RE & EE sector in Uganda.
Other Duties/ Additional Tasks
- Uphold GIZ’s values of sustainable development, transparency, efficiency and anti-corruption towards public, partners, government, private sector and institutions.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
B. Required Qualifications, Experience and Competences:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, biosystems engineering, mechanical engineering or related engineering field. A master’s degree in in renewable energy, energy engineering or related field is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of professional working experience of which at least 3 years should be in technical design, costing, supervising installations, maintenance and profitability analysis of solar PV systems and/or solar water heaters and/or biogas plants.
- At least 3 years of working experience in energy management implementation in large industries in Uganda.
- Certification in renewable energy and/or energy efficiency by international body is added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies, related software and computer applications, particularly good skills in MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, databases.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English language.
- Other Knowledge/ Skills:
- Strong organizational, analytical, presentational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in consultant, supplier, and stakeholder coordination in a result -oriented manner.
- Knowledge of local language(s) in Northern Uganda is an added advantage.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to [email protected]
Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line.
Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 12th September 2021.
Please note that this is a national position.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: GIZ DOES NOT charge any kind of FEE(s) at whichever stage of the recruitment process.
This recruitment is ONLY through Future Options Consulting Ltd.