Tax and Customs Manager
JTI (Japan Tobacco International)
We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries. But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel, and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea. (Learn more jti.com)
What This Position Is About – Purpose
The incumbent leads the C&E function in the Philippines. The person is responsible for all Customs and Excise (C&E) related activities in the country. The role is part of Global Tax and reports to the Regional C&E director.
The incumbent is responsible
- To implement the C&E strategy, in line with the company’s policies & procedures
- To manage the C&E compliance to ensure continuous compliance with local customs regulations and local excise legislation.
- To manage C&E risks and implement measures to mitigate those. Responsible for the indirect tax manual
- To handle C&E audits and be the first point of contact for local customs & excise authorities. The incumbent is the official JTI contract for the local C&E authorities. As such he is accountable and in case of failure, he is potentially liable for any financial damage
- To represent JTI for C&E at national authorities and to monitor current and impending changes to customs & excise regulations and perform an assessment of the impact to JTI.
- To manage the relationship with external tax advisors for compliance and other consulting activities.
What Will You Do – Responsibilities
- Overall responsible for the C&E topics in the Philippines. Coordinating with the regional C&E Director, Regional Tax Director but also CFO, Factory lead, Manufacturing Services lead, and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for import and export declarations. Provide internal C&E advice, responsible for maintaining the C&E procedures and C&E compliance. Ensure timely payment of C&E debt. Review excise tax reports/returns, prepare claims related to import duties and taxes as well as claims related to excise tax. Manage the C&E authorizations, such as PEZA-related permits for goods import/export/movements across PEZA, preferential certificate of origin, AEO, customs warehousing, RTP, etc. Handling customs audits and excise tax requirements with governmental authorities. Manage and instruct customs broker(s) to conduct clearances correctly.
- Proactively following up on local C&E developments that may impact the local business, assist in broader local business development activities, provide assistance and support to other departments in relation to local C&E as needed. Seek opportunities to improve current C&E processes and procedures.
- Responsible for C&E risk management and reporting. To prepare timely and accurate quarterly and annual provision calculations and reporting packages for headquarters. Responsible for the indirect tax manual. Coordination for setting up the change management meeting and keeping the manual up to date
Who Are We Looking For – Requirements
- University degree or equivalent. Local Tax accreditation, Master degree in customs or Degrees in Customs areas, and national laws for excise duties
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position in the industry (multi-national FMCG organization) or in Big 4 tax advisory firms or equivalent, with in-depth knowledge of local customs regulations and excise legislation.
- Previous experience working with PEZA will be an advantage
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral skills.
- Skilled in financial applications (SAP and MS Excel) is preferable.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be covered with medical insurance and HMO upon hiring, with HMO dependent coverage and medicine allowance
- Receive bonuses and cash allowances such as meal and transport allowance
- Have access to over 200 company training
- Well-being programs for employees
- Opportunities for your career growth
- Recreational facilities in the office – Videoke, billiard and table tennis
- Be part of a truly international and diverse company with over 40,000 employees in 130 countries.
- Experience the culture of an Investors in People certified company
- Find out why 9 out of 10 employees recommend us to a friend.
- Understand why 9 out of 10 employees say they feel free to be themselves.
What Are The Next Steps – Recruitment Process
- Thank you very much for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.
- We will make sure every candidate will receive a reply within 2 weeks after the application deadline.
Antas ng seniority
Uri ng trabaho
Function sa trabaho
Production, Supply Chain, Manufacturing
Consumer Goods, Food & Beverages, Tobacco
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ph.linkedin.com.