Supply Chain Director
Reporting to: Managing Director
Category: 12 (Level 4)
No of positions: 1
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of phenomenal character, and in 250 years, nothings changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. This is why we trust them with our legacy. And why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to build the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best talents. Feel encouraged? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
- Guinness Cameroon S.A (GCSA) is a coordinated Supply and Demand business, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Diageo. It sits within Diageo Africa that is part of key markets.
- Packaging hall operating with 3 high speed lines fully automated with world class technology equipment
- Brewing hall made of new and automated equipment, functioning alongside old, manual equipment
- Brewing hall has just commissioning a new and fully automated Cereal Cooker to insert the local raw material in all recipes
- Capacity in various brewing areas (brew house, process, BBT) not balanced
- Our performance ambition is driven by the six Must Do’s and four leadership behaviours.
- Highly driven market where asset care management greatly impacts on Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) and company profitability
- Site undertaking 3x8hr shift, with the three lines operating alternatively.
- Guinness Cameroon operates across a portfolio of products including Stout, Lager, Ready to Drink and non-alcoholic products.
- There is a growing expectation from our consumers and customers in Cameroon for high quality products, service and innovation.
Purpose of the role
- Lead GCSA Supply chain operations to meet key strategic imperatives and deliver against targets providing Supply Expertise to GCSA leadership team and the business.
- A core member of the GCSA Leadership with key responsibility in driving the overall business success (Performance, Governance and Engagement).
- Develop both the strategy and plans to deliver lower COGS, improving Quality, Service, Environmental Health & Safety whilst acting as a true business partner in the development and delivery of ways of working to provide flexibility, supply solutions and the identification of opportunities and innovation.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Ensure that GCSA Supply chain activities deliver its financial targets and performance promise.
- To manage the effective integration/ interaction between Supply and Demand to enable the business to maximize value.
- To deliver all innovation and renovation effectively to plan whilst continuing to drive down COG’s.
- Develop ‘world class performance for quality, Environmental Health & Safety, service, cost & flexibility and create opportunities for driven advantage drinks industry.
- Lead all aspects of the Sales & Operations process (sales forecasting, production and sourcing plan, performance) providing leadership required to ensure it is effective and efficient.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
Qualifications And Experience Required
- Min 10 years engineering or brewing management experience in a FMCG environment.
- Proven track record in developing & leading supply strategy, Organizational Change, including focus on people and process improvement
- Extensive knowledge of brewing, packaging, engineering, quality, logistics, safety and environmental risk.
- Have successfully managed change including in a sophisticated and evolving environment
- Proven track record to deliver outstanding performance through people and teams.
- Demonstrated success in building capabilities through High Performance Coaching, Training and Facilitation.
- Culturally aware and able to adapt leadership style in any situation
- Strong leadership of cross functional teams.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to lead teams and build relationships across cultures and in developing markets.
- Inability to act as a leadership member of the International beer supply business and manage across the organisation matrix and links back into the wider Global Supply community. Inability to connect and build positive relationships.
- Inability to partner with demand and commercial functions.
Flexible Working Options
- Based in Douala Cameroon
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date
emploi,emploi cameroun,emploi définition,emploi quebec,emploi international
To see more jobs in Cameroon please visit Jobs in Cameroon.