Student Finance and Accounts Administrator
Ross University School of Medicine
This position records payments and maintains accounts payable and receivable activities related to tuition billing including processing necessary tuition adjustments, maintaining accurate records and billing reports by performing the folling duties for ATGE Med (RUSM/AUC). This role will report to the Finance Director.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable function
- Collection of Student fees and proper tracking of financial status of Basic Science students
- Processing of all required student account adjustments via journal entry on AR system
- Collection and Recording all other receipts on the AR system
- Prepare and process vendor invoices through Accounts Payable Advantage software
- Prepare and process check runs and wire transfer requests
- Match and print vendor payments using Lawson accounting software.
- Reconcile vendor statements and maintain excellent communication with all stakeholders.
- Analyze monthly utility, contractual obligations and balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly analysis of payable expense accounts
- Maintain proper filing system of outstanding and settled invoices.
- Manage Faculty Reimbursements claims for ATB, professional development and reference book allowance as stipulated, in their contact via Expense Wire.
- Update Faculty reimbursement files and statements
- Replenishment of petty cash float
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Maintain visiting professors log and timely payments
- Disbursement of vendor check payments
- Perform other duties commensurate with the position which may be assigned from time to time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree in Business/Accounting preferred or related experience is desired.
- At least one year of experience in an accounting role.
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills; Strong computer skills; Strong orientation towards high-volume, fast-paced, business operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Organizational Support – Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are
With more than 14,000 alumni practicing throughout North America,Ross University School of Medicine has been providing students with the foundation to pursue successful careers in medicine since 1978. The Ross experience is “Dedita Scientiae Medendi” – dedicated to the science of healing – and we are proud of our rich tradition of preparing students for their life’s work as physicians. Students complete medical sciences coursework at our new world-class campus in Barbados, followed by clinical education in the United States at leading teaching hospitals across the country.
Ross is proud to fulfill a social mission by educating a diverse group of skilled doctors who practice primary care, work in medically underserved areas, and are more representative overall of the communities in which they serve. Learn more about Ross University School of Medicine, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.medical.rossu.edu.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, click here to visit our Diversity page.
Customer Service and Information Technology
Higher Education, Education Management, and Hospital & Health Care
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita bb.linkedin.com.