Parker and Lynch
For faster response email your resume to Andria [email protected] and in the subject line of your email type «Staff Accountant, Loop, Hybrid in office»
No cover letter necessary
Our client is a real estate private equity and investment management firm headquartered in the Chicago loop. They are currently working remotely 100% of the time with no set date to return. When they do, the plan is to work in office 3 days a week and from home the other 2. They offer a great company culture, work life balance, and benefits.
The Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for general ledger accounting for various reporting entities; including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and account reconciliations, reconciling cash, and assisting with monthly financial statement analysis. The Staff Accountant will also be responsible for the accounts payable and disbursements process and special projects
· Support the Asset Management team with preparation of property level financial analysis.
· Prepare budget vs. actual variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
· Review and upload property level financial statements and reporting packages provided by third-party property managers in connection with the month and quarter-end close.
· Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for monthly general ledger close. Assist with preparation of financial statement consolidations and compilation of GAAP and/or tax basis financial statements for various reporting entities.
· Administer the accounts payable and disbursements’ function, including maintenance of vendor records, year-end 1099 processing, etc.
· Assist with year-end audit and tax preparation, respond to external auditor and tax preparer requests and organize workpaper documentation in connection with the year-end audit process.
· Assist with special projects assigned by management.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
· Recent college graduate up to two years of experience in an accounting position; GAAP familiarity preferred.
· Strong accounting and analytical skills.
Accounting/Auditing and Finance
Accounting, Real Estate, and Investment Management