SSE – Back-End
Senior Software Engineer – Back End
- As a member of our team, you will drive the technical architecture, design and E2E implementation of large mission critical products for Intuit’s Customer experience & communication space
- The mission of Intuit’s G&E team is to create competitive advantage by adopting most transformational technology, build highly scalable open platforms which will be leveraged across all products & BUs at Intuit
- Acting in a technical leadership capacity and as a subject matter expert you will be mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise and leading a small team, solving challenging design and programming problems
- 70-80% hands-on coding. Generate technical documentation & presentations to communicate architectural and design options and educate leadership, architects, development teams and business users.
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, QE, release management, various product lines, and business units to drive forward results.
- Monitor work done within the projects in the team to ensure compliance with architectural vision, business requirements and standards.
- Demonstrate passion for developing well architected, elegant applications & services.
- You will be working in an agile based development cycle. Above all, candidates must have a life-long passion for innovation, learning and improvement
- Learn and apply technologies rapidly. Qualified candidates will be seasoned builders that love to design and write software and who strive for excellence.
- Overall 6+ years of experience in designing & building high-performing, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Must have at least 4 years of experience with Java spring-boot and strong hold on other programming languages like Scala, GO, Python or C/C++. Must be hands on with coding along with strong technical acumen
- Must have minimum 5 years of experience in data streaming, event driven architecture and open source messaging platforms like Kafka, NATS
- Must have minimum 5 years of experience with NOSQL (Mongo DB, Cassandra, Elastic search, Redis) based implementations in production. Should have demonstrable experience with data design using sharing and partitions in NOSQL
- Extremely strong expertise with designing as well as implementing distributed systems in Cloud based technologies.
- Must have experience in Micro services, Domain driven, context-based architectures and implementations that can be supported and sustained
- Must have strong hold on Data structures and Algorithms
- Demonstrate ability to drive technical innovation and efficiency in software development
- Strong skill to provide technical mentorship as well as right coaching to team members
- Familiarity with AWS services & serverless technology with emphasis on security, scalability, reliability and automation
- Experience working with open source solutions/products
- Strong knowledge on Kubernetes, Ngnix, HAProxy & at least one cluster management protocol
- Ability to articulate and guide the product roadmap while working with several business partners
- Good understanding to manage systems end to end including infrastructure design all to way to operations
- Expertise with DevOps Tools & Processes
- Actively stays abreast of technology breakthroughs , open source & Cloud, recommends best practices and share learning with team
Engineering and Information Technology