When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What You’ll Be Doing…
Network Planning is a coveted organization within Verizon and is responsible for setting directional architecture, choosing technologies, and deliver engineering guidelines for Verizon Network Cloud Platform (VCP), Mobile Edge Computing (MEC), Service Orchestration/Automation, and Private networks which are key technologies in the Verizon portfolio that harnesses and enable our 5G network. You will be part of the team who will create technology to generate new revenue and reduce costs through network technology innovation
We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative leader who will lead our engineering teams, partner with US counterparts, and drive the evolution of the VCP, MEC, Service orchestration programs and help us stay ahead of the technological curve.
The Sr. Manager role will lead collaborate with our Planning, Product, Business, Design, Engineering, and Operations teams to define MEC requirements, roadmaps, and designs. Will also help ensure domestic teams are connected with international partners and work across time zones.
- Partner with Verizon Network, Product, IT, and Business teams to define MEC requirements and specifications.
- Help the domestic team develop a comprehensive, actionable, multi-year network plan
- Drive all major network efforts to deployment and onto evolution
- Develop industry-leading talent, increase diversity, ensure Social Responsibility goals are met
- Do incredible work and have fun; balance life; build empathy and support each other
- Demonstrate industry leadership on the domestic and global stage. Providing thought leadership to the cross-functional team in crafting solutions and describing the impact of the new solution to systems and processes along with directly managing a small team of technology architects.
- Articulating in-depth analysis and recommendation to executives on regular basis.
- Developing designs for complex SDN/NFV work that spans multiple technologies, business units, and organizations.
- Managing Capital and Expense budgets for local teams.
- Leading MEC related industry-specification meetings and forums
- Developing cloud architectures and control techniques for ensuring low latency, high availability, network slicing, and other Quality of Service (QoS) characteristics.
- Defining dependencies of Network cloud (VCP), Mobile/multi-access computing (MEC), with 5G and Cloud networking (RAN, CRAN).
- Planning and design of Network-Based MEC services such as Edge Discovery, Workload
- Proof of Concepts and validate new architectures and technologies.
What We’re Looking For…
You’re an experienced leader who is adept at negotiating and communicating with leaders and executives at all levels of the organization. Leading large, highly technical teams and encouraging people to perform at their best is personally rewarding. People know you for your ability to analyze issues and solve complex problems with innovative solutions. This helps you to work well with partners from non-technical functions and build strong cross-functional relationships. Thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, you manage competing priorities with ease and never lose your laser-sharp focus on meeting tight deadlines.
You’ll Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel (Between Verizon India offices and once a year to the US)
Even Better If You Have
- A Degree in Computer Science or relevant.
- Eight or more years of Management Experience
- Five or more years of experience managing Network Planning/Engineering/Ops/Dev teams.
- Experience in one or more of the following cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, or Verizon Cloud Platform.
- Experience working with container-related technologies (Kubernetes, Openshift) and Openstack.
- Knowledge on service orchestration, ONAP framework, and ETSI standards.
- Experience with deployment, automation, and orchestration technologies (such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
- Strong Knowledge of IP Networking, including Virtual Private Cloud, VPN, SDN, DNS, Loadbalancing, and Firewalls.
- Strong knowledge of storage technologies and ability to design storage for performance and resiliency, including SAN, NAS, Cloud Storage Technologies for block and Object storage.
- Experience with FPGA, GPU, NPU, and other HW acceleration techniques.
- Proven track record of successful and timely project delivery.
- Ability to handle a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong statistical and analytical abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to follow up through to completion on all assignments/projects/deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrable history.
Job Family: TEC
Business Unit: VZBIN
Telecommunications, Information Technology and Services, and Computer & Network Security