SQL Server DBA Consultant
We act with integrity, collaborate positively, take accountability , respect others, and strive for excellence. We are looking for smart technologists who hold true to these values and ways of working to join our New Zealand team in Wellington and Auckland.
About Our Team
We are seeking a Senior DBA / Consultant to join our awesome SQL Server team at Servian! Our team is multicultural and consists of a positive and passionate bunch of individuals with a strong culture of comradery and support for one and other.
Although our team is SQL Server focused, we all have experience with other RDBMS technologies. Our mantra is finding the right solution for our clients and always striving for excellence.
Our Team’s Vision Is
“Being industry leaders for SQL Server consulting, managed services and excelling in delivery.”
If you’re passionate about SQL Server yet still inquisitive to learn about other technologies and think you are the right fit for our team, we’d love to hear from you!
This is a full-time position. A self-starter that strives for excellence and is passionate to make a difference both internally and externally is our preferred candidate. Mentoring and coaching are also critical for our team’s continuous improvement culture, so you’ll be expected to help mentor and coach juniors and fellow seniors in the team as well as be an awesome role model. You’ll do the usual DBA activities such as solution design and implementation, configuration (security / maintenance / best practice), consulting, performance tuning and on-call support. Finally, you’ll also be engaging and collaborating with the customer a fair bit as part of your day-to-day work, so if you’re someone that loves collaboration and supporting others with a can-do attitude and a good command of written and spoken English, we’d love to hear from you!
Our customers – who will you be working for?
We work for a variety of customers from local DHB’s, Retail, Finance, Broadcast as well as the NZ Government.
Where will I be working?
Servian offices in Wellington and from time-to-time onsite with our clients.
What will I be working on?
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems with support and guidance from our senior team members.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Provide support and execution of troubleshooting and analysis of issues.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
Can you tell me more about Flexibility within the team, on-call and Travel?
- We’ll work with you for any flexible work arrangements you may require.
- On-call is part of our service to our clients so everyone in the team is on-call at least once a month for a duration of a week. The team is fairly flexible to swap on-call weeks.
- Travel may be required from time to time to meet clients and work from their offices. You may be required to travel inter-region but we’ll make sure we let you know well in advance.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least seven (7) years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator
- Candidates with tertiary IT or current MCSE, AZ-900, DP-300 will be preferred
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores, and recovery models and be able to articulate usage scenarios.
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS for moving data and creating reports.
- Design and implementation of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Eager and willing to learn independently
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated to improve current skills
Why join Servian?
- Work on a wide range of interesting projects, using a variety of emerging technologies.
- A chance to work alongside a collaborative and passionate like-minded team.
- Consultant-led events including Social clubs, Tech clubs (IoT, Chatbots, etc.), Gaming events, MeetUps, and Cloud vendor Hackathons.
- Structured learning and development – weekly workshops on a variety of technologies, access to courses on Udemy, sponsored certifications.
- Career development – multiple avenues for growth and an innovative reward and recognition structure.
Our Business Is Structured Across Five Main Pillars
- Data & Analytics – BI/DW, Big Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Science and Advanced Analytics.
- Artificial Intelligence – Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning.
- Customer Engagement – Marketing Campaigns, Campaign Analysis, Customer Insights.
- Digital – Full stack Development, UI/UX Design, Mobile Development.
- Cloud & Technology – Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), Managed Services.
Inclusion & Diversity
- Servian recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at Servian.
*Please note only candidates currently living in NZ will be considered.*
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Management Consulting