Specialist I Documentation
Emerson Automation Solutions
The position exist to provide technical documentation and invoicing/budgeting support. This includes supporting the technical writers with editing documents in DITA/XML, providing administrative support for documents and translations in CCMS, maintaining invoicing and budgeting records, and handling special projects.
Duty 1: Doc u mentation Management/Controls
- Gathers, colle c ts, organizes, a nd se n ds elect r onic co p ies of docu m enta t ion ( purc h a s e or d er a nd invoi c e) to accounts payable.
- Revi e w s c o mplet e ness of customer data and docu m entat i on require m en t s (purchase order and invoi c e)
- T rack all digital market i ng bud g ets and a ccruals a n d up d ates a ll re c ords of m arket i ng e xp e nses, a ccruals a n d other related f i nan c ial items i ncurred by the bus i ness unit.
- Spot checks to see if the PO has been submitted for payment. May follow up with a person in A/P
Duty 2: Technical Documentation
- Proof reads ea ch docu m ent.
- Supports peer reviewed content.
- Maint a ins the photo l ibra r y, l ogos, dr a w ing s, and other des i gn as s ets.
- Checks and v alidates E m erson Branding c oncepts and des i gn for consisten c y for both inte r nal and e x te r nal customers.
- Revise p r oduct data sheets or other tech n ical docu m ents in XML or Oxy g en
- Manages inte r nal qu a li t y c he ck on tec h nic a l docu m ents requests. (Standard/ C heck l ist)
- Edits technical do c uments ( e.g. Operating Manuals , Technical Descriptions, Product Data Sheets, Quick Installat i on Gu i des, etc.), w rit i ngs, a nd illustrat i ons b ased on t h e org a nizat i o n ’s product information a n d specifi c ation prov i ded b y p r oduct e xperts and e n gi n eers usi n g the standa r d do cu ment templat e s.
- Coo r di n ates w i th w e b admin i n upl o ad i ng a n d posting of docu m ents to Emerson site.
- Upl o ads a ll n e w a nd revi s ed docum e ntati o n to printi n g ven d or, w o r l d area offi c es a n d en s ures a ll f i les are t h e latest version.
- G athers e n g in eer i ng d ata n ee d ed to c r e a te techni c al docu m ents.
- Interacts with th i rd par t y v endor for translation and distribution.
- Performs internal quality check on technical documents requests
- Performs audit on the technical documents that are loaded to the website and submits corrections to the web team
Duty 3: Project Management
- Receives direction on project via email.
- Manages o w n w o rk esti m ates a n d c a n n e gotia t e turnaround time w i t h team.
- Informs the project lead on changes.
- Creates p r op o sals usi n g sta n dard p r oject t e mplates a nd tools for pro j e c ts.
- Obtain part numbers matching similar document types from part numbering tool for tec h nical docu m en t ation.
- Write Change Requests for part-controlled documents. Follows the part through the process.
- Manages Change Requests through the change management system to release engineering-controlled documents.
- Manages process to ensure the steps are complete.
- Signs off or completes task for completed work in Enovia.
Duty 4: Metrics, Reporting and Analytics
- Generate , analyze, create report/dashboard from different sources and submit to requestor.
- P erforms data validation to achieve data consistency.
- Gathers and collates data from different sources based on approved requirements (Established Simple Reporting)
Duty 5: Training Execution
- Updates/revises training syllabi, course outlines, lesson plans, and content of existing materials (e.g., presentations, evaluation tools, etc.) for technical writing training courses
- Conducts basic/overview/ awareness training on technical writing tool usage
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, Marketing or equivalent
Job Related Experience: 2.5 years related experience in technical documentation (e.g., manuals, guides, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge on sales and marketing, understanding of translation and website data workflows, understanding of global and cultural interactions.
- Basic technical capability on FrameMaker and XML Editor
- Strong written and oral English skills required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, corporate procedures/regulations.
- Communication skills (oral & written)
- Analytical Skills
- Organizing and planning skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time/work management
- Problem solving skills.
- Presentation / Facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to participate in team environments.
Philippines-National Capital Region-Quezon City
Aug 2, 2021, 2:36:49 PM
Antas ng seniority
Uri ng trabaho
Function sa trabaho
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Oil & Energy, Industrial Automation
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ph.linkedin.com.