Software Engineering Internship – Summer 2021/2022 (Sydney)
We’re seeking great minds like yours to help us build the next-generation in database technology. Join the team that is helping the world’s most sophisticated organizations transform their industries by harnessing the power of data.
As an intern you will collaborate closely with full-time engineering mentors on either an existing project or a new project. In both cases, you’ll do work that matters and gain practical software engineering experience. You can be placed on one of three teams during the summer:
Storage Engines Team
The MongoDB Storage Team is building WiredTiger, a world-class open source storage engine. The WiredTiger storage engine manages how MongoDB stores data, both in-memory and on disk, and provides scalable parallel access that is leveraged by the higher layers of the MongoDB data platform stack. The Storage Team is a diverse collection of individuals working together to keep MongoDB storage ahead of the most challenging customer expectations.
As an intern, you will work with and learn from a globally distributed and highly collaborative team of engineers, collectively developing production-level code. Storage interns enjoy dedicated mentors, a friendly and helpful team environment, and social activities with their peers and colleagues. Read what last year’s Storage interns had to say about their experience here!
MongoDB Charts is a modern data visualization tool that is integrated with the MongoDB cloud data platform. It is the best way to create, share and embed visualizations of MongoDB data.
The Charts team’s work is at the heart of MongoDB’s mission of “making data ridiculously easy to work with”. Charts product helps users to perform data visualisation on data that is stored in a cluster or data lake. Charts is a relatively new product with a rapidly growing team. During your internship you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on a production codebase with a team committed to you having a positive experience!
This program is open to students with Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency expecting to graduate in the next 12-24 months. The internship will last 10 weeks from December to early February, full-time.
The right candidate for this role will:
- Be in the process of receiving a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- Have a solid foundation in computer science theory, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Be genuinely interested in MongoDB the company and be excited to use MongoDB in a project, if you haven’t already
When working as an intern you will:
- You will work on impactful and exciting things that will see the light of day
- You will learn a lot including cutting edge technologies, new languages, and sophisticated development practices
- You will be mentored by incredible engineers who are passionate about developing your skills and helping you grow
- Work alongside a highly collaborative and talented team in a fun and friendly environment
Learn more about our Sydney internship program in our blog post here!
At MongoDB, we value inclusiveness, diversity, collaboration and intellectual honesty. Find out more about our culture and values here: https://www.mongodb.com/company#core-values
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.
Engineering and Information Technology
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Internet