Software Engineer – Security
Sailthru is looking for a Software Engineer – Security in our US based office who will be a key member of our engineering team, working hands on with our team and code base to not just fix security issues, but also design and architect secure solutions to help us “shift left” on security and improve the overall security posture of the platform. You will have an understanding of application security, secure software architecture and design principles, the software development lifecycle, and the cloud to join our growing Engineering team.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively engage in remediating vulnerabilities that exist in the code base.
- Apply your knowledge of the programming languages used to implement secure and durable code.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to perform code reviews on potentially sensitive code and improve the security posture of new features in their design phase (shifting left on security)
- Work hands on with our engineering teams to resolve security issues and harden the platform from potential security vulnerabilities such as from the OWASP Top Ten
- Manage and automate security processes involved in the SDLC (CI/CD, static code analysis tools, etc.).
- Partner with our global security team, product team and outside vendors, participating in security assessments of networks, systems and applications delivered internally and externally.
- Deliver education on secure coding practices to product engineering teams. Be an advocate for security best practices in engineering and the broader org.
You are smart, autonomous, confident, personable and friendly, and you communicate clearly and respectfully. You have a background in secure software design, software engineering, and security / cloud operations. You live and breathe security best practices and are passionate about learning new security challenges and trends.
- Strong understanding of web application security architecture and the ability to articulate best practices in web application security.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a global team, communicating and coordinating regularly with our Sydney, Australia-based security team.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to all audiences.
- Strong, proven experience integrating application security into SDLC and CI/CD processes including automated workflows.
- Familiarity with creating, maintaining and securing cloud based services.
- Good understanding of how web applications work, from the underlying network protocols (HTTP, TCP) through to web server (IIS, nginx, Apache), browser behavior and everything in between.
- Passion for security and automation.
- While the team is based in NY, this role is open to remote.
Marketing and Advertising