Software Engineer 2
Job Description Summary
Asurion’s Account Management team is looking for engineers that can work across the entire software stack of ETL and APIs. Our ideal candidate has familiarity with ETL, React, Nodejs, Strong SQL and Database skills. Familiarity with web services, API, third party integrations and operating in a cloud-based environment (AWS) is preferred.
Asurion is seeking Dev Ops engineers who are passionate about learning new technology and love problem-solving. At Asurion, we don’t just redefine—we reinvent. We began by establishing a culture that rewards results and isn’t confined by a hierarchy. As a result, we have achieved phenomenal growth. Today, this entrepreneurial spirit is as strong as ever. It’s in our DNA. We foster a culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a difference—for our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that each of our 17,000+ team members can reach their full potential, while at the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
The Accounts platform team builds and maintains systems that support customer enrollment, processing and vendor communication. We focus on providing a seamless stakeholder experience by reliably executing product initiatives and providing highly responsive customer service.
We are looking for highly motivated technologists with an interest in building and maintaining resilient, fault-tolerant systems, monitoring, infrastructure and the passion and curiosity to learn. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
What You’ll Do
- Triage, deep-dive, and troubleshoot complex issues that arise in APIs and ETL Workflows – then implement solutions so that it doesn’t happen again
- Build utilities and tools to automate the troubleshooting and playbooks
- Build portals and dashboard for monitoring ETL flows, API transactions across the stack
- Assist with building APIs, ETL flows that improve predictability of processing incoming data
- Identify fault-tolerance improvements, and then establish solutions to improve the enrollment platform experience for stakeholders
- Provide operational support to product and development teams
- Develop, manage and follow operational policies and procedures including documentation and training
- Participate in shifts, on-call rotation while building systems to minimize critical outages.
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Manager and/or Sr. Manager
- Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
- Maintains proficiency and develops expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department’s scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion’s applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion’s inter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
- Provides proper status notifications are relayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
Specific Knowledge/experience In Most Of The Following Preferred
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services is required
- Knowledge of SQL queries is required
- Knowledge of monitoring servers, file systems (on-premises or cloud-based) is preferred
- Knowledge of Python, PowerShell, shell scripting or similar experience is preferred
- Familiarity with file transfer tools and protocols (FTP, SFTP, SSH etc.) is preferred
- Understanding of networking protocols (TCP, sockets etc.) is nice to have
- Familiarity with source control systems (Bitbucket, Github) is nice to have
- Familiarity with monitoring frameworks – Elastic Stack (ELK), Prometheus, Splunk or similar frameworks, is nice to have
- Familiarity with orchestration tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Cloud Formation) is nice to have
Experience And Educational Requirements
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field required
- 4 or more years of software development experience required
Antas ng seniority
Uri ng trabaho
Function sa trabaho
Engineering, Information Technology
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, Staffing at Recruiting