Site Reliability Engineer
Bestow Life Insurance
We ideate fast, embrace change, and take risks. As a rapidly growing tech startup, we look for the best talent out there and try to stay out of their way. From scaling our business model to expanding our offerings, the day-to-day at Bestow offers endless professional growth opportunities. The people who succeed here look for problems and solutions. They are both passionate about their ideas and open to having their mind changed.
In the end, we value the same things our customers do: family. So we strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make for better experiences and happier customers. It’s a model that helped us land the #2 spot on Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2021 list. Boom!
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will automate cloud resources, implement developer tooling, and make changes to our products to increase their manageability.
You should be able to define the technical design and implement work independently.
You should have prior experience with systems administration and cloud service automation.
Bestow engineers are great teammates. You will be spending half of your time embedded with a product team. We do this so that you can get to know the specific needs of our product teams and ensure we build useful tooling. The remainder of your time will be spent with other Site Reliability Engineers working on cross-cutting projects. As such, you have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Do you want to build products to reinvent a centuries-old industry? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Challenges On Which You Can Expect To Work
Cloud Infrastructure Projects
We believe that all cloud infrastructure should be treated as code. Modifications go through code review and are executed via CI tools.
Automate cloud infrastructure via tools like Terraform.
Administer our software platform including Kubernetes, Terraform Enterprise, ArgoCD, CircleCI, HashiCorp Vault, and PostgreSQL.
Evaluate, design, and implement solutions for continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps productivity.
Ensure Reliability of Our Software
You Are Responsible For Ensuring
Great software is more than product features. It simultaneously considers non-functional concerns like security, maintainability, and extensibility.
Collaborate with product engineers to identify observability/configurability gaps and make code-level improvements;
Creating the tooling to improve the developer experience, enabling them to deliver business value faster and more effectively;
Manage runbooks for incident response;
Measure operational performance and make gradual improvements.
Open to Austin, TX, Dallas, TX or Remote (US)
A Little About You
- 2+ years of site reliability, systems administration, or DevOps experience.
- Professional experience with container orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Swarm, Rancher, GKE, Docker, etc.).
- Professional experience with a cloud hosting platform (GCP preferred).
- Professional experience with Terraform Atlantis experience a plus.
- Professional experience administering a CI/CD platform GitOps experience is a plus.
- Experience with Python 3 and Golang.
- Proficient in a scripting language such as Bash and/or Python.
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication.
- You thrive in highly independent work culture and are capable of working autonomously.
- You have the initiative and motivation to make things happen.
- You always want to sit next to the person who is smarter than you because you value a culture of mentorship and learning.
- You are egoless, hold yourself accountable and you have a thoughtful approach to adopting new technology.
- You are looking to bring your voice and talent to a mission-driven company in ways that help it to grow and expand its reach.
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.
Engineering and Information Technology
Computer Software, Internet, and Financial Services