Service Delivery Manager
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of 8 apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more.
Primary Objective Of The Job
The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for the overall coordination, implementation, execution, l and completion of specific Wholesale circuits deliveries, projects and processes while ensuring consistency with programmatic and organizational commitments, strategies and goals. He/she reports directly to the head of W-Data.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead the planning, implementation and deliveries of Wholesale Data projects, including but not limited to, new circuits implementations, services database maintenance, customers database maintenance and circuit handovers.
- Work closely with Global Connect technology group and market delivery teams to ensure timely and consistently reliable services implementations.
- Be the first point of contact for Wholesale data for pre and post-delivery solutions.
- Track project deliverables and targets using appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools and procedures as a measure of quality assurance
- Develop project plans and deliveries with specific timelines and key personnel involved.
- Effectively manage project resources and allocation based on project plans and timelines
- Provide direction and support to project team members in keeping with programmatic and organizational goals
- Develop Project Management Plans from initiation, through execution to closure.
- Effectively report on Projects status, including accurate and efficient project document control and record management.
- Liaise with clients, internal and external partners and suppliers.
- Provide coordination for kick off meetings for projects and ensure that all relevant stakeholders are aware of the tasks required of them.
- Managing communication, project conflicts and internal and external expectations and timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Academic Qualifications And Experience And Skills Required For Job
- Primary Degree in Business or Telecommunications. Telecommunications experience preferred
- Knowledge of Data Services including Subsea and Terrestrial, Ethernet, MPLS, IP Transit and Hosting/Co-Location Services
- Qualification and experience (5 + yrs.) in Project management and service deliveries
- Proven understanding of important financial concepts, purchasing practices and industry specific aspects of Service providers / carriers.
- Proficiency in MS (Excel, Power point)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to work professionally and cooperatively with team members and outside partners.
- Communicates effectively with clarity.
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative;
- Strong time management skills, especially when facing tight deadline
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.
Project Management and Information Technology