Senior Technical Writer, Trilogy (Remote) – $100,000/year USD
Crossover for Work
Are you an engineer by trade but a writer at heart? Are you passionate about technology and getting to the bottom of how software works? This role is an opportunity to trade programming for prose, yet still keep your technical skills shiny, rust-free, and situated toward the top of your toolbox.
Trilogy is redefining customer support by building a cutting-edge Knowledge Base platform, equipt with AI-powered tools and the best technical writing talent available across the world. Our key to building a highly scalable, high-NPS support organization is simple—we treat knowledge as our most important asset. We make sure our repository of technical wisdom grows as rapidly as we do, and we rely on great writers like you to never stop learning.
Trilogy is betting on the KB Project to revolutionize customer support, and this role is essential to its success. Technical writers, welcome home.
What You Will Be Doing
- Writing the Knowledge Base (KB) articles that are the core of our global customer support organization. Each day, you will flex your technical skills and writing ability.
- Making continuous improvements to existing articles to make them unique and complete. The product details in KB articles will simplify and exponentially improve the work of our customer support team.
- Writing training curricula and certification tests for L1 and L2 customer support agents.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Writing technical specs, user manuals, or marketing materials. Our KB articles are not general overviews. We are specific and intentional in our customer support solutions.
- Creating product material simply for the sake of having it. Each article you write will link to tangible business value. You will not spend your time writing useless articles.
- Interfacing directly with customers. Instead, you will contribute to a comprehensive library that will guide our customer support operations.
Senior Technical Writer Key Responsibilities
- Creating and curating KB articles that solve our customers’ most important problems and result in 95% first contact resolution.
- Technical depth gained through experience in technical positions such as software development, DevOps, or advanced (L3) support.
- Ability to understand code, scripts, and database queries. While you will not be writing code in this role, you will still need to pass a basic coding assessment to get hired.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in English.
- Ability to work 100% remotely from your own home office.
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today’s modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4132-JM-Kingston-SeniorTechnica.002
Engineering, Information Technology, and Marketing
Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, and Internet