Senior Software Engineer (Location Barbados)
Questrade Financial Group
- Note: open to CARICOM residents only
We’re looking for our next Senior Software Engineers. Could It Be You?
The ideal candidate for this position is experienced in designing and developing high performing and scalable applications that deliver business value. This position will be involved in small to large scale projects through all stages of the software development life cycle from requirements gathering to implementation. This person will collaborate with the user interface and experience teams, other back-end and front-end developers and architects to deliver great applications.
Need more details? Keep reading…
The duties and responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to:
- Be a forward-thinking technologist who is continuously researching new approaches to problems and discussing them with others in a productive manner, in a community of practice setting.
- Be actively involved in designing new application features and functionality, improving scalability and maintainability.
- Support and expertise for a complex and hybrid (cloud and on-premises) infrastructure environment; evaluation (with recommendations) to enable proper operability of applications on both infrastructure and software levels.
- Meet regularly and interact productively with a diverse team of business stakeholders, user interface and experience designers, architects, engineers as needed to elicit, define, analyze and document requirements and principles for new applications.
- Support less experienced team members in defining technical requirements to facilitate design, development, testing, implementation and ongoing support of applications within the team.
- Provide coaching to other team members to assist them with technical challenges and assignments.
- Ensure timely escalation of issues that are blocking oneself or the team.
- Help the team support applications built in production, addressing issues in a timely fashion, respecting agreed upon service level objectives.
- Contribute to defining and implementing best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies.
- Comply with the documented software processes and procedures throughout the life cycle of software products.
- Solicit and participate in code reviews and unit testing practices.
- If there is need, participate in research and proof of concepts, ensuring the value is documented and socialized.
- Share knowledge and lessons learned with others in the organization.
- Apply significant knowledge of the technology industry trends to help Questrade to improve and build innovative products.
- Assist with the technical screening of new team members joining engineering teams.
So are YOU our next Senior Software Engineer? You are if…
- You hold a degree, diploma or equivalent directly related work experience.
- You have a minimum 7 years of experience in Software Engineering
- You have digital financial services experience preferred.
- You have exposure to the full software development life cycle, ideally including design, configuration, integration, testing and support including, but not limited to, gathering requirements, designing the future state solution, the development work breakdown, as well as supporting quality assurance and post-production efforts.
- You have experience with the preferred technical stack:
✔ Data: Google Cloud SQL, Redis Cache.
✔Streaming: Google Pub/Sub.
✔Infrastructure: Google Kubernetes Engine, and other Google Cloud Platform components.
✔Tools: Gitlab, Jira, preferably automated CI/CD.
- You have experience with unit testing frameworks.
- You have strong skills at performance application tuning.
- You have good interpersonal, verbal and written skills and the ability to interact with multiple levels of technical audiences.
- You have strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have excellent time-management and organizational abilities that facilitate structured teamwork.
- You have an ability to work under minimal supervision.
- You have an ability to adapt and change based on new business requirements and environment.
Sounds like you? Click below to apply!
At Questrade Group of Companies, with multiple office locations around the world, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and accessible work environment. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings, and believe that when our teams feel supported and motivated, their creativity becomes a source of innovation. We are also committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and also one which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and operate in to help us revolutionize financial services for the benefit of all of our customers.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment/selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Engineering and Information Technology
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita bb.linkedin.com.