Senior Software Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
- Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
- Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
- Architecting and defining the Front-end framework to solve complex designs and interactions that reflect the creative and art direction provided
- Creation of all coded Front-end deliverable
- Technical leadership and guidance to technical team members in all project activities on multiple small to medium sized scrum teams.
- Drive standards and best practices of a world class user experience across multiple scrum teams
- Achieving Page load performance for large ReactJS application of below 3 seconds and Google Lighthouse score of over 85
- Writing reusable, testable, efficient code & following test driven and behavior driven coding paradigms
- API integrations, implementing SEO best practices and modern web standards leveraging ES6 & ES7
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
- Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
Qualification & Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 6+ years of experience hand-coding HTML(5), CSS(3) and other UI technologies
- 4+ Years of hands-on experience working with React JS and Typescript using ES6/ES7 standards
- Sitecore/React JS full stack experience will be a plus.
- Experience in back-end frameworks used to develop dynamic web pages
- Expertise developing and testing across multiple browsers, platforms, DOM implementations, etc.
- User Interface Design, Information Architecture, graphic design experience a plus
- Understanding of good design principles and ability to adhere to complex design specifications during implementation
- Experience developing accessible websites (Section 508, W3C WAI Guidelines, etc.)
- Experiences Optimizing for Search Engines
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Engineering and Information Technology
Hospital & Health Care, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceuticals