Senior Software Developer
Symptai Consulting Limited
Department: Software Development – Knowledge Process Outsourcing
Reports to: Product Manager
Cultural Context: Symptai Consulting is a lean and spirited technology consulting organization committed to helping clients resolve some of their most mission critical business challenges. Each member of the team is engaged in meaningful work which motivates them to show up with their unique contribution in a bold and purposeful way every day. Our core values of integrity, candour and respect underpin the way we operate with each other, our clients, and our partners.
Job Summary: Symptai is hiring a Senior Software Developer to join the compliance and fraud prevention team to support the development of comprehensive solutions to help organizations comply with regulations, and combat theft, fraud, money laundering and other forms of financial crime. Every year billions of dollars are laundered internationally, supporting drug trafficking, smuggling, fraud, extortion and corruption, enabling organized crime activities. Fighting financial crime using advanced data analytics is a cutting-edge space with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) software and advanced analytics being driven by some of the brightest minds in the industry.
As a member of the development team, you will get an opportunity to work with an international company to support the design, implementation and testing of AML software consistent with global engineering standards and best practices. With a strong understanding of customer requirements, you can see the big picture and assist the team in maintaining customer focus while developing and maintaining existing features. You will also have the opportunity to help shape our future development by providing input regarding new technologies and process improvements. The software is being used by some of the largest and most reputable financial organisations around the globe and this is an exciting opportunity to be part of an exceptional team with limitless career potential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on research and development of the architecture and features for our data analytic, and consumer-facing web platforms, which serves major financial institutions worldwide.
- Work with management, business stakeholders, product owners, and technical staff to design and brainstorm solutions.
- Work on proof-of-concepts (POCs) and cutting-edge features that are continuously deployed into production
- Influence product decisions, features based on your real-world experience
- Proactively analyze and bring ideas for continuous improvement of the platform.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Review and debug code.
- Perform validation and verification testing.
- Document development phases and monitor systems.
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies.
- Act as team lead for Junior and Mid-level developers.
- BSc. or MSc. Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent comparable professional experience
- 5+ years of professional solution development and design experience, including scripting and project management
- 2+ years proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer/ Developer
- Extensive experience C# – Python – Web API
- Experience with front-end web development using NET, AngularJS, React, ExtJS, jQuery, CSS, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Demonstrated ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in test-driven development and test coverage tooling
- Experience with Agile Frameworks (i.e., Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience working in software consultancy or BPO environment
- Experience with TDD, DDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Experience with containerizing and orchestrating software like Docker and Kubernetes
- Certified Scrum Master advantageous
- Certified Scrum Developer advantageous
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- International work experience
- A dynamic, close-knit team
- Collaborative culture that embraces new ideas
- Professional development & career growth opportunities