Senior Social Workforce Technical Advisor – Consultant
Major Activities / Responsabilities
Working closely with the Department of Social Protection, the consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Provide high level technical expertise to the DSP in areas related to social protection, OVC and HIV sensitive child protection to help support policy and service delivery
- Assist the DSP to critically review the existing social protection targeting practice and tools of the government and to analyze social protection targeting practices from throughout the region and to revise and adapt an effective tool
- Stay abreast of the latest innovations and good practice to bring lessons and good practice from the region and abroad regarding OVC, child protection and child friendly social protection to the DSP
- Build the capacity of the DSP staff to apply data for decision making, policy and budget allocations to respond to the needs of families with OVC
- Assist the MLGRD to review and strengthen various systems components related to the social workforce including training, supervision, case management systems, workforce size and other areas
- Assist the DSP to identify and harness opportunities to further their mandate and reach through partnerships with multi and bilateral donors, embassies, foundations and other members of civil society
- Provide proactive support to the DSP to achieve the project goals related to the MLGRD and the DSP
- Attend all project team meetings
Location Gaborone, Botswana
Required Education And Experience
- Master’s in Social Work or other equivalent and 8 years of progressive technical experience in issues of OVC and child protection highly preferred (or a Bachelor’s in a relevant area of study and 12 years of related experience.)
- Strong working knowledge of government systems and the policy environment for vulnerable children and child protection required
- Technical expertise in the field of social work required with sound technical knowledge in one of the following: HIV sensitive child protection or social protection is required.
- Ability to work effectively in Government and create positive action within the DSP.
- Good communication, negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Position involves both local and international travel.
- Position is based in an office and involves sitting for most of the day.
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
Project Management and Information Technology
Information Technology and Services, Nonprofit Organization Management, and Management Consulting
Gaborone, South-East, Botswana