Senior Quantity Surveyor
As Senior Quantity Surveyor (SQS) you will be a key member of the Cost and Commercial Management (C&CM) capability group in the Manila Global Excellence Centre (GEC), supporting the Team Leader/Senior Team Leader, to deliver services to the Arcadis ME business. Central to the role will be embracing the concept of global Cost and Commercial Management- working collaboratively across regions, time zones and cultures to bring the right knowledge, skills and capability to deliver the best value outcomes for our clients. As a key tenet of the Arcadis strategy of sustainable growth|performance|collaboration is the creation of the GEC Cost and Commercial Management and the integration of this entity with the ME region will be a significant element of the role. As such, the ideal candidate will relish the challenge to be a key part of creating a high performing team to consistently deliver service excellence on high profile projects.
- Work closely with colleagues in Arcadis ME to deliver leading projects in the ME.
- Supervise and prepare cost estimate and cost plan quantification, ensuring that all quantities, rates, assumptions and exclusions are correct.
- Supervise and prepare Bill of Quantities which includes BQ measurement, handling of queries in completing the measurement, information dissemination to design consultants and preparation of necessary QA documents pertaining to BQ preparation in order to provide a strong basis for budgetary control and accurate cost reporting of the contract.
- Undertake quantitative tender review and prepare tender report, to provide a reliable basis on which to analyse tender returns.
- Undertake desk top evaluation of applications for payment.
- Quantify and evaluate contract variations to assess cost effects and to resolve issues.
- Undertake cost analysis and benchmarking, to collate project cost data and compile database for determining cost of future projects.
- Responsibility for quality and timeliness of service delivery.
- Comply with robust quality assurance processes and procedures using standard templates.
- Coach and develop team members to deliver recognised service excellence.
- Pursue opportunities for knowledge transfer and capture industry best practices.
- Identify and mitigate risks.
1 Senior Quantity Surveyor
- BS Civil Engineering, Diploma in QS or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of professional experience in consultancy or contracting.
- Working towards their APC.
Knowledge & Experience-
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to connect with team members.
- How to apply standard QS practices, techniques and procedures
- Excellent time management skills
- Awareness of sustainable development best practice
- Experience in delivering analysis and insights
- Technical knowledge in specialized field including construction processes and/or cost and commercial management
- Advance proficiency with desktop applications e.g. MS Office applications especially Excel; Cad measure, Revit, CostX
- Knowledge of own area of specialism and a developing understanding of wider organizational and program environment
- Commitment to detail, technical competence and timely service delivery.
- Self-drive and determination to deliver results
- Cultural intelligence and flexibility to adapt to different ways of working.
- Proficient in the English language. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A motivated professional with natural drive and innovative flair.
Antas ng seniority
Uri ng trabaho
Function sa trabaho
Project Management, Consulting, Engineering
Civil Engineering, Construction, Logistics at Supply Chain
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ph.linkedin.com.