Senior Purchasing Agent
The ideal candidate will be responsible for procuring goods and services for the Scottdale group of companies. The ideal candidate will be expected to raise profits by making high quality and cost-effective purchases. This position requires a keen eye for detail and a commercial mindset. The Senior Purchasing Agent will be required to acquire goods and services that are critical to operations for all companies.
- Research and compare suppliers, goods, and services.
- Select the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality, and cost-efficiency.
- Monitor inventory levels and determine purchasing needs.
- Prepare and process purchasing orders.
- Review goods and services to ensure high quality standards.
- Prepare and submit detailed reports.
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies.
- Prepare and implement sustainable negotiation tactics.
- Keep updated records of all transactions, purchase orders, receipts and payments.
- Communicate with suppliers to schedule delivery times and efficiently resolve shipping errors.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers and service providers to maintain high quality, timely delivery, and compliance to terms of contract.
- Attend events, fairs, trade shows and exhibitions to keep abreast of the various market trends relative to each industry.
- Proven experience as a Purchasing Agent.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation prices and terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis, along with purchasing trends and best practices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.