Senior Property Manager – Wellington
Based in Wellington, the company is made up of experienced professionals united for a specific purpose: to provide outstanding property management services for a small group of property owners, while maintaining a constant lookout for opportunities to add value to their investment portfolios.
The company has close to 50 diverse properties under management and are currently experiencing significant growth in their holdings, making it an exciting time and great opportunity. They are a small team meaning you will need to be flexible and adaptive in respective of the work you undertake. Accordingly, it is a job where you may be called upon to undertake a range of tasks day to day that may not fit exactly under the job title.
About The Senior Property Manager Role
- Monitoring and actioning all lease renewals, rental reviews and annual rental increases where agreed within the lease.
- Ensure that all buildings within the property portfolio comply with the Building Act and Act’s in respect to annual BWOF’s, Evacuation plans, Fire Drills & Wardens, Health & Safety etc
- Working with the Director of Asset Management and CEO on any building related projects. Eg Earthquake strengthening tenant meetings
- Responsible for the auditing, inputting and management of company management system
- Preparing Opex and Capex budgets for buildings in conjunction with the Asset Director, CFO and FC
- Organising any building related facilities projects e.g. replacing lift or escalators
- Attending Body Corporate or company AGM’s as and when required
- In conjunction with the CFO or FC, ensuring all rental is paid by the tenants each month and OPEX is recovered
- Database management
- Providing regular monthly reports to senior management team and owners
- Manage the compliance with Health & Safety both within the workplace and where necessary within and around the buildings in the portfolio.
- Ensuring collaborative team approach building a team culture to achieve the most beneficial commercial outcomes and processes
You Will Have
- Significant property management experience, this is very much considered a senior role
- An excellent working knowledge of NABERNZ ratings, Yellow book & C5 EQ ratings
- Established business acumen especially in the area of contractual negotiation
- Sales orientated outlook
- A drive to be the best in class
- Well developed network in the property industry ideally in Wellington both on the client and tenant side
- Solid knowledge of property and tenancy law
- Current market knowledge around psqm rates
- Strong personality who is well versed in dealing with a range of individuals
- Extensive Health and Safety experience in the property industry
- The ability and desire to mentor other people in the team
If interested, please apply now or contact Mike McCann for a confidential discussion on 027 287 9812 or [email protected] A position description is available on request.
Please note you must currently be in New Zealand and be a NZ Citizen, Resident or have a work visa valid for 18 months.
Sales and Management
Construction, Staffing and Recruiting, and Financial Services