Senior Project Manager
Ten Lifestyle Group
At Ten, we are rapidly becoming the most trusted travel and lifestyle service platform in the world, working alongside many of the world’s top brands and delivering innovative, multi-category service to millions of valuable members globally.
As a Senior Product Manager in the Ten Platform team, you will be responsible for owning one of our Lifestyle proposition areas of the Ten Platform (e.g. Dining or Entertainment or Offers or Events) and it’s roadmap and backlog. You will need to successfully product manage new feature developments as well feature optimisations.
Ten Platform is Ten’s consumer-facing, multi-market, multi-language, multi-sector, white labelled application, covering the very best in global travel and lifestyle services.
You will work closely with our other Senior Product Managers and the wider Product Management team in all aspects of software development, from feature discovery, to feature building, to feature optimising.
You will report into the Global Product Direct as part of Ten’s Product organisation.
Who We Are
At Ten our goal is simple, to become the most trusted service business in the world.
We are already the global market leader for lifestyle management and concierge services, providing services from a 22 strong global office network with over 800 employees. We use our expertise, technology and buying power to grant our members direct access to the best travel, live entertainment, dining and luxury retail services. We also work closely with suppliers to provide exclusively negotiated benefits and employee loyalty schemes.
We deliver our service through a combination of Ten’s proprietary, unique technology-enabled platform and the expertise of our highly trained lifestyle managers. Ten is growing quickly and has ambitious plans to keep innovating, inspiring and to continue to improve the lives of millions of members.
Product development and delivery:
- Manage the full product development lifecycle from ideation, to spec writing through to delivery.
- Responsible for writing user stories, acceptance criteria and specifications for new features, bugs or functionality improvements for your designated area of ownership.
- Perform product analysis to assess the need, urgency and impact on the Product for any requested changes and action accordingly.
- Love data, be it qualitative or quantitative, and make the right decisions on what to develop to bring the biggest value impact to the business.
- Be responsible for keeping your finger on the pulse of changing business and / or client needs and know how to use good product management practices to manage change effectively.
- Build effective relationships with the technology team to ensure product development runs smoothly.
- Be an advocate for optimum product management practices and never stop learning and trying new ways.
- Fully understand end to end processes and workflows in order to know when collaboration with other Product teams is needed
- Manage and execute on the product roadmap and backlog of your area.
- Lead the research, analysis and prioritisation of feature development in collaboration with the Product Design team.
- Be an advocate for the Ten Platform and translate ideas into real roadmap proposals.
- Provide clear direction on the roadmap status to all stakeholders within the business.
- Mentor and coach junior product managers on all things product management.
- Think strategically and lead with enthusiasm the product management of your area.
- Be an active member of the wider product management team and find ways to collaborate and learn across product areas.
- Love being an expert decision maker and communicator, and happy to work at all levels in the business.
- Confidently lead working sessions with key stakeholders from Ten’s internal teams such as Proposition, Client Services, Operations and Technology to scope and define feature requirements.
- Confidence in creating and managing complex product specifications (user stories, acceptance criteria etc).
- Proven track record of product managing an ecommerce website
- Solid technical understanding, enabling you to have productive technical conversations with your technology team.
- A natural ability for making high quality decisions and getting consensus.
- Passion for all aspects of the user experience.
- Tenacity in delivering results and driving projects to completion.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Strong communication skills and can manage multi-stakeholders and cross-function working.
- Experience in using JIRA and AGILE methodology.
Our people are at the heart of the business and we have a culture of recognition and reward – both through regular appraisals but also annual Extra Mile Awards where we celebrate those who have gone that extra mile in their role. We also encourage all our staff to incorporate their aspirations and interests into their career at Ten and we are there every step of the way in supporting development.
All our employees also enjoy a range of benefits regardless of where they are based. Not only do we offer a remote work option, but employees also get 3 extra days of annual leave in their third year and an extra month of every 5 years. In line with these milestone lengths of service, we also operate a Ten Loyalty Reward program – this is a bonus (although we prefer to refer to this as ‘extra spending money’) that is awarded once these milestones are reached. The thinking behind the program is that not only does it recognise and reward commitment and loyalty to the business, but it can also be used to fund the adventures to be had during sabbaticals – this is the main intention and driving force behind the program. We want to give our people extra spending money so that they can truly enjoy their sabbaticals.
Other benefits that Ten offer, specific to the South Africa office, range between access to ICAS Employee Health and Wellness (EHWP) services which are confidential and free for all employees to use, all the way through to various discounts on both travel and entertainment events (the latter is of course available regardless of location). There are also lots of social events throughout the year as well as a break-out room where employees can relax (or, if they wish, play one of the numerous games we provide!) whilst enjoying our latest fruit drop.
We also offer a company contribution towards medical aid, transport home for those working a late shift (applies to those who don’t have a car) and, one of our more popular perks, working holiday opportunities with the ability to work from any of our 20+ offices without taking annual leave.
Preference will be given to candidates in alignment with the employment equity plan of the organization
Ten works with a small Preferred Suppliers List currently, focused on specialists in each location. Please note we are not accepting any further agencies onto our PSL at this time.
Project Management and Information Technology
Leisure, Travel & Tourism