Senior Project Engineer – Electrical
Secure Energy, a Clough Elecnor Joint Venture, has been selected to deliver the engineering, procurement, and construction of Project EnergyConnect. EnergyConnect is a new 700 km 330 kV transmission line running from Wagga Wagga in NSW to Robertstown in SA. The project scope also includes the construction of supporting infrastructure, such as substations and access roads along the route of the transmission line. When built, EnergyConnect will enable future renewable energy projects to connect to the electricity grid.
Reporting into the Substations Project Manager you will work within a diverse and multidisciplinary project team in the design & delivery of this major energy infrastructure project, in this role you will:
- Evaluate engineering designs for constructability and develop effective construction solutions and plans.
- Work closely with other Engineers, Site Supervisors, HSE, Quality, Commercial and Planning teams to plan and execute works packages to program and budget.
- Collaborate with the Procurement team to develop scopes of works, evaluate and select appropriate sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Analyse risks within construction to ensure works are delivered safely and meet all environmental and quality requirements.
- Prepare construction budgets, forecast and monitor construction costs in delivery.
Our Engineering roles will initially be located in Sydney during our engineering and procurement phases before we commence on-site in approximately 12 months.
Your Skills & Experience
Ideally you will have tertiary qualifications in engineering along with:
- Experience in construction teams as a Project Engineer delivering infrastructure projects specifically in the construction of substations.
- Expertise in developing scopes of works and coordinating construction crews and subcontractors on projects.
- Commercial acumen including strong skills in budgeting, forecasting and cost reporting.
This is an ideal opportunity to make a significant contribution to this nation-building energy infrastructure project in a highly challenging role.
Please note: SecureEnergy reserves the right to commence the shortlisting process for this role immediately and the right to remove the advertisement before the closing date. Agency submissions will not be considered for this position.