Senior Program Manager – Remote/WFH
Azure Cognitive Search is a managed search-as-a-service cloud solution that helps developers build rich search experiences over their data without having to worry about the administrative headaches of regular maintenance of their underlying search infrastructure. We also help customers put AI to work by leveraging cognitive skills during indexing to extract insights and enrich their content without the need to hire a data scientist.
We are looking for a program manager with a proven technical background, experience designing and using RESTful APIs, strong collaboration skills, experience building/releasing and continuously improving products/services through data driven methods, and a passion for quality and customer/partner empathy.
We are an organization that cares about work-life balance, personal and professional growth, enjoying your work, and liking the people you work with. Our team consists of people from a wide variety of backgrounds, different professional and life experiences. We maintain and grow that diversity, and it is what makes us better at building the best solutions for our customers while having a blast doing it! Core to our team culture is the belief that you must have a ‘people-first’ approach to sustainably building and running 24×7 cloud services.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to take the next step in their career and be at the forefront of what Microsoft cares about most: Data, Cloud, and AI
As a Program Manager on the managed platform team for Azure Cognitive Search, you’ll have many opportunities to make a big impact on the service management experience of the service. You will be responsible for making a search admin’s job easy by designing features that take the stress out managing their service. You’ll own portions of the administrator scenarios, telemetry, and other new platform capabilities. The right candidate can also revolutionize the fundamental nature of what it means to host a managed search service in the cloud.
- Contribute to the vision, value proposition, and strategy of Azure Cognitive Search
- Prioritize and promote clarity in a highly dynamic and demanding environment
- Engage directly with customers and partners to integrate feedback and extrapolate customer benefit for improved product plans
- Learn from competitive offerings and apply learning to better improve our product design and solutions
- Follow data driven decision making, leveraging customer and platform data analytics to drive planning
- Design global-scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems that support live migration of stateful systems.
- Collaborate with the team and help your peers grow with hands on mentorship, product guidance, and customer interactions.
- 3+ years of program management experience.
- Able to understand and write code for customer samples.
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Open to feedback and effective at collaborating with a diverse group of people.
- Demonstrate independence, bias for action, and strong tolerance for ambiguity with a drive towards clarity.
- English proficiency required.
- Experience with Elasticsearch or Lucene.
- Experience with managing an Azure service and ARM.
- Experience building cloud platforms.
- BS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent experience).
AZDAT #ENGGJOBS #DataAnalyticsPM
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo
Gestión de proyectos y Tecnología de la información
Equipos informáticos, Software y Servicios y tecnologías de la información