Senior Product Designer
cLabs is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of Product Managers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, Dev Relationship and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays a critical role in shaping how users and developers interact with CELO products. Gathering insights about the behaviors of crypto and payments users to inspire and inform design is a key aspect to ensure every user can access financial tools for prosperity. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create great value for our end users.
cLabs is seeking a Product Design Partner to join our Design team. As a Product Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered products to create great user experiences—from concept to execution. User experience is at the forefront of how we can create delightful experiences for Celo users (end users and developers). We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, emotions and behaviors. Our team is very passionate to solve the complex problems of real time payments, crypto and preserving natural resources.
- We are a full-stack company i.e. we are building both blockchain protocols and the user experiences on top of them
- We are experienced startup founders and operators
- We are highly technical, with backgrounds at places like Google and MIT
- We are mission driven with a big goal: to bring sound currency and property rights to those who need it most
- We have a strong engineering culture, which values open-source
- Design interfaces for web, and other mediums
- Own projects from ideation to production, examples include new product features, design system improvements, and visual language updates
- Collaborate with different UX and/or product teams (UX research, engineering, content strategy) on technical implementation.
- Implement visual design systems across platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in leading and communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as mobile, Android, and iOS.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Figma).
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and manage workload, and meet critical project deadlines.
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience in Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and coin plan
- Beautiful office space
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
Information Technology and Design