Senior Partner Enablement Program Manager
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Job Location: Open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the Australia, New Zealand, Guam, Mauritius. Prefer location favorable to support the east coast of Australia and New Zealand.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Director of Partner Enablement and Resourcing, the Partner Enablement Manager is responsible and accountable for the success of Enablement activities as well as sourcing for positions that support our System Integrator (SI) Partners’ implementations. The PE Manager is also responsible for working with Ceridian Partners to source for Subcontracting position needs within the organization.
This role will work with various internal departments as well as external partners and will be the main point of contact on resource status, feedback, escalations and contracts for the APJ region. They will also act as liaison for the partner to other Ceridian teams as necessary.
- Build strong working relationships with Partners and internal stakeholders
- Work closely with APJ Resource Managers’ assignment requests
- Work closely with the SI Partners on any requests for Shadowing or Subcontracting opportunities
- Manage the financial forecast for the APJ region
- Negotiate contracts with Partners
- Work with Procurement to write the Statements of Work and review any redlines
- Communicate processes and status updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to have difficult conversations with internal and external stakeholders while maintaining professional relationships
- Facilitate introduction calls and answer program questions as needed
- Work with Partner Operations as needed to support onboarding questions, exception requests, etc.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert to Partners regarding the shadowing and subcontracting processes
- Work closely with partner, customer, and internal Ceridian organizations
- Participate in key meetings and project reviews of partner-led implementation projects
- Assess, document, communicate and manage overall engagement risks
- Deliver assessment feedback to the SI Partner and discuss next steps
- Evaluate complex issues and identify viable solutions that result in a successful outcome for the partner and Ceridian
- Provide guidance to internal customers and partners as necessary on escalations and recommended remediation steps
- Hold the partner and the Ceridian team accountable, initiating performance assessment and improvement conversations as necessary
- Act as liaison for the partner to other Ceridian teams as necessary (Resource Management, Project teams, Procurement, Partner Operations, etc.)
- Present timely status updates to the Director of Partner Enablement
- Bachelor’s or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in partner, or vendor-facing implementation roles.
- Experience working with Service Partners
- Experience with contract reviews and negotiation
- Ability to manage expectations and adhere to SLA’s in a fast-paced environment
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills
- Very strong organizations skills
- Strong presentation skills, including to senior leadership and executive levels
- C-suite interaction and regular communication experience
- Experience in influencing, leading groups and team, without direct reports
- High degree of initiative and self-direction
- Knowledge of HCM software or high-tech products and services is preferred with strong preference for knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce
- Embodies a customer service mindset and operates as a value-added resource with a solutions orientation
- Objectivity, resilience, and flexibility to manage complex project and organizational issues
- Experience contributing to team success in a matrix structure environment
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities and work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment
- Periodic Travel may be required
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.
Project Management, Human Resources, and Information Technology
Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, and Human Resources