Senior Manager – EY Law (Tax): The Bahamas
EY Law is a fast growing, dynamic and integrated part of EY. That means opportunities for our people every day – and a need for talented, flexible, ambitious professionals to join us to fuel our growth tomorrow. Become part of a client facing, cohesive and expanding team and develop your career within a global organisation looking to disrupt the legal market.
We are currently seeking a senior (7+ PQE) Commercial Lawyer to join our EY Law team within the Bahamas, Bermuda, BVI and Cayman Islands (BBC) region. The role is client facing and will report to a Partner/Associate Partner in the EY Law team.
The BBC EY Law team is part of our wider EY Law practice. We integrate fully within EY, both in the region and globally, and leverage the existing growth platforms that EY already has, with their extensive list of clients, resources and global presence.
We provide our people with a supportive, collaborative, team environment with exceptional experience and training. There will be a focus both on legal skills and, as importantly (and as one would expect from a team which is a fully integrated part of EY), there will also be a focus on helping our people fulfil their potential by developing a broader skill set
Your Key Responsibilities
- Delivering and taking responsibility for exceptional client service through team delivery, consistently producing high quality work, demonstrating technical competence and insight
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and within EY, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
- Management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
- Managing client accounts, including client care requirements and financial management, preparing proposals, participating in pitches
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally to drive the team’s and Law’s strategy
- Participating in team and firm events, giving internal and external presentations, and producing expert articles for publication, contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training law professionals
- Development of junior team members through effective supervision, coaching and mentoring
Skills And Attributes For Success
- A willingness to embrace a new challenge, in a non-traditional legal services environment;
- A dedication to client service and innovation;
- Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player;
- Excellent time management skills;
To qualify for the role, you will ideally have
- At least 7+ years PQE;
- Experience working in a leading UK or regional law firm or equivalent professional services firm;
- Experience managing teams (virtual or cross-border) of 2-6+ people; and willingness to learn new concepts with minimal guidance
Please note, the PQE levels indicated are offered as a guide only and we would welcome applications from all candidates who demonstrate the necessary skills to succeed
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Extensive experience of a wide range of commercial contracts e.g. supply, distribution, services, manufacture, franchise, agency, IT / BPO outsourcing, fintech contracts, digital/tech law contracts;
- Intra-group contracting arrangements (particularly in the context of group transfer pricing arrangements; an understanding of transfer pricing rules would be beneficial);
- Experience providing transaction support both M&A and corporate reorganisation (i.e., legal project management, transaction due diligence, transitional services agreements etc.);
- Large scale contract review/novation projects and project management skills;
What We Look For
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Accounting/Auditing and Finance
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services