Senior Linux System Administrator, Trilogy (Remote) – $60,000/year USD
Crossover for Work
Are you an expert troubleshooter who enjoys the challenge of maintaining massive and complex systems? Do you want to be part of a driven and tenacious team that uncovers hidden issues and delivers the right solution the first time? Do you thrive in environments where learning and applying new knowledge to tackle unfamiliar challenges is valued? Do you revel in playing detective and feel confident in your ability to recognize clues and evidence that point toward the best solution?
If you answered yes to all of the above, this is your opportunity to join a global software organization unlike any other.
At Crossover, we push the limits of cloud infrastructure. We have 100+ centrally-managed SaaS products and more added every month. Ensuring continuous uptime requires a team of CloudOps superstars who can efficiently and permanently fix operational issues at their core. It is why we engage the best and the brightest engineers. We are looking for people who are invigorated by challenging problems and not intimidated by tight time constraints.
What You Will Be Doing
In this role, you will work on the frontlines of our large and diverse cloud-based infrastructure. Not to brag, but we can guarantee that as Amazon’s #1 centralized database partner, we offer our engineers no shortage of opportunities to learn and grow.
Your most innovative troubleshooting skills will be required to combat the unique incidents encountered daily. And you will need to draw on prior experience to analyze and locate root causes, recognize and address systemic factors, and diagnose and mitigate infrastructure weaknesses before they become disruptive.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Fixing product code or writing product documentation
- Supporting a single platform or technology stack
- Focusing on SaaS product speed and performance
Senior Linux System Administrator Key Responsibilities
This team is responsible for maintaining mission-critical SaaS infrastructure for thousands of enterprise users across the globe. In this role, you will:
- Provide 24×7 cloud operations support on a rotating, on-call schedule as part of a global SaaS Operations team
- Resolve incidents to ensure system uptime and expected service levels
- Analyze cloud systems issues and provide recommendations and supporting data to monitor, simplify, and automate tasks
- Execute change requests that impact production systems used by our diverse portfolio of products
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience with AWS Services (e.g., AWS EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Knowledge of tools to automate the deployment and management of containerized applications (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Proven experience writing shell scripts (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, Python, PHP, Bash, SQL)
- 3+ years experience with Linux or Windows Server OS
- AWS Solutions Architect or AWS SysOps Administrator Certification
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today’s modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3362-GH-Accra-SeniorLinuxSys
Engineering, Information Technology, and Engineering
Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, and Internet