Senior Landscape Architect
- Deliver landscape design led projects, making a difference in shaping our cities, working with communities, councils, government and with mana whenua across modal shift, infrastructure, urban growth projects throughout New Zealand and the Pacific
- Play a part in growing an established and rapidly growing landscape architecture team, operating nation-wide as an integrated Design Practice, within a multi-discipline business. Located either in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
- Develop your career with scope to make a difference, aligning your development with career paths across practice, clients, people or business development
Te Kāinga Rua | The Opportunity
Whaowhia te kete mātauranga
‘Fill the basket of knowledge’
Grow your basket of knowledge through the delivery of community, social, iwi and city transformational projects with our clients! Your role will include leading the conceptual design, documentation and delivery projects, assisting in leading people, playing a cornerstone role in building a team culture, drive design excellence, interface with internal and external clients and to work closely with our leadership team to continue the growth and sustainability of our Design Practice.
As a Senior Landscape Architect, you will be a key enabler in delivering design related projects, from conceptual masterplanning through to construction monitoring and seeing your designs come to life, making a real difference across our cities and communities. You will be working across a range of future and confirmed project opportunities that focus on transport corridors in high growth city centres, multi-modal walking and cycling, environmental and climate change related resilience, urban centre development, city and street-scape design, lifting socio-economic community outcomes through land development, iwi marae master planning and papakāinga housing.
In addition to the local and regional focus of this role, you will also be joining our ‘Design Practice’, a national team with 60+ landscape architects, architects and urban designers based in five locations and delivering award winning projects across Aotearoa and the Pacific. We’ve had a strong emphasis on building this nationally integrated practice over the past six years and we’ll be looking to people like you to bring fresh ideas and approaches to continue our growth and development.
Te rongoā | About You
You will be passionate about making a difference across the communities, cities and iwi that you live, work and are connected to! You’ll have experience in delivering projects from concept to construction and you’ll know what it takes to lead delivery teams and collaborate with other disciplines. Importantly, you’ll appreciate the value that creative design thinking can bring to all projects regardless of their scale, typology and budget and you will be excited by the prospect of helping communities realise their potential.
We will empower you to grow your career, design, consulting, leadership and professional skills. You will enjoy working with clients and building relationships, thinking strategically, being commercial and developing thought leadership. Overall, you will be excited by a challenge, working with ambiguity, and in a role with variety, in a collaborative environment accepting of different views and approaches.
We welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and experience. Key role elements will include:
- Motivated by playing an active part in a broader national landscape architecture team with a creative and enquiring approach to design
- Experienced at delivering design projects from conceptualisation through to delivery and build stages and be excited by working on a variety of projects
- Credible, comfortable and effective in interacting with clients, successfully pursuing, bidding and wining project commissions
- Able to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams with excellent communication skills, with clients, colleagues, and consultants
- Motivated and experienced in leading, mentoring, and coaching others to develop their career goals as they enter the profession
- Self-directed, critically minded, a problem solver, displaying a growth mindset
- Ambitious to develop your career, client relationships and practice speciality
- Proficient in visual communication and documentation utilising AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office Suite, with confidence in 3D modelling an advantage
- Be tertiary qualified with a degree or master’s in landscape architecture (or related subjects); being a registered member of NZILA (or international equivalent) would be an advantage
We have opportunities available across our studios in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
Ko wai mātou | About Us
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini
‘Our strength is not that of a single but that of our collective’
Our national Design Practice consists of 60+ landscape architects, architects and urban designers spread across our Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington, and Christchurch offices. We’ve had a strong emphasis on building this nationally integrated practice over the past six years working on projects throughout Aotearoa and into the Pacific, including places like Vanuatu, Samoa, Fiji and the Marshall Islands. Projects that we are particularly proud of are Te Hono – New Plymouth Airport, Parihaka, Vanuatu Waterfront and the 36th Americas Cup public realm.
To learn more about the team, visit https://www.beca.com/what-we-do/services/design/landscape-architecture or the Beca Design Practice Instagram @becadesignpractice.
To apply for this role, please follow the online instructions below.
Beca is one of Asia Pacific’s largest independent advisory, design and engineering consultancies. 2020 was a landmark year for Beca, representing both the dawn of a new decade and the beginning of our 2nd century. In 2021, we will continue to celebrate our innovators, our thinkers, our explorers and our entrepreneurs; past, present and future.
While our experience has been 100 years in the making, it’s the fresh talent we’re nurturing, the innovative thinking we’re developing and the connections that we’re forging that gets us most excited for the future. Refer to www.beca.com.
Design, Consulting, and Engineering
Construction, Civil Engineering, and Management Consulting