Senior Full Stack Software Engineer- Global Applied Technology
Berkeley Research Group LLC
- Extensive experience of one or more frontend frameworks to build SPAs (ex. VueJs, React)
- Extensive experience in software development using Python and Django
- Experience working on a large code base collaboratively as a team as well as using version control (ex. Git)
- Experience designing/architecting and implementing a full-stack web application
- Track record of submitting well-structured code that is documented using common standard notations
- Self-starter who is passionate to learn, research and tinker to find a solution no matter the problem.
- A desire to work remotely while traveling occasionally for team gatherings, client-specific work and “devcations” where collaborative product development takes place.
- Hold an ESTA eligible passport
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in software development
- Familiarity with SQL databases (ex. PostgreSQL, T-SQL, etc) and designing application table structures
- Track record of using the Django Rest Framework and customizing it
- Experience designing re-usable CSS classes and structures, ideally using SCSS
- Networking and cloud experience related to application deployment
- Knowledge of CI/CD techniques and implementations
- Knowledge of Linux (using Bash comfortably) and Docker
- Experience integrating 3rd party software/APIs into an existing stack
In this role your programming skills will be challenged by potentially any industry and many different issues that cause problems for our clients. You will work with our team of data scientists, subject matter experts, and other experienced coders, to develop digital solutions for clients across the world, by taking what they have learned or conceptualized and coding it into an implementable reality. While we solve these problems, we dev together, we play together, and we support you to find the time for your family, non-work fun, and your passion – whatever it may be.
With us you will
- Architect solutions that help solve the most pressing issues for companies across the globe
implementing elegant and well-documented code.
- Make our platform, BRG DRIVETM an increasingly more competitive and compelling solution
by championing and implementing new ideas and features.
- Provide an active, creative, and knowledgeable voice during project roadmap and strategy
- Create new features by designing and implementing proof of concepts and
leading/coordinating the final implementations.
- Make sure our code is clean and elegant by collaborating with the team during code review
to maintain standards and code base knowledge.
- Review our workflow regularly and help try and implement new approaches to improve
overall team efficiency.
- Dev your passion into reality. GAT believes in giving you time to chase after something that
interests you even if it does not make a direct or immediate impact to our work as we
believe it provides innovation and inspiration into all that we do.
- Learn far more than you knew before you started working with the team and share those
insights with the team.
- Be a committed team player who works well with various stakeholders to ensure the best
- Have strong spoken and written communication skills including the ability to talk to your
non-dev teammates and explain what you are doing and why you do it the way you do.
- Have a passion for learning new things and pushing the envelope.
- Taking pride in own work and demonstrating attention to detail.
- Flexible and creative enough to accept that client needs can be very different, and they
change. You thrive – not cringe—at this reality and enjoy finding a way to work in the
confines and the requirements of such a technical solution.
What is on the table?
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package
- Working as part of a smaller and dynamic remote DevOps team where you will not be just a
cog in the wheel
- “Devcations” (pandemic permitting), held in different cities around the world, where you
assemble with the DevOps team (and others depending on the need) to scope new features,
and enhancements that build the revenue potential and scalability of BRG DRIVETM
- Custom remote working travel kit to allow a flexible lifestyle
- Yearly training and certification budget
About The Team – Global Applied Technology (GAT)
The Global Applied Technology team is a tech focused start-up within BRG. As such, the team
focuses on leveraging technology through our proprietary platform (BRG DRIVETM) to create
solutions for clients and colleagues throughout the world. We aspire to use the latest technologies
to solve problems in an efficient way and with the most appropriate implementation. Therefore, we
place a strong emphasis on research and cross training to keep the team skilled in programming
languages and infrastructures and the updates they receive. We work flexibly with a hunger for
challenges and knowledge, as we want to be the experts people come to when they have problem that can be solved with technology.
Our team is globally decentralized, but regularly meets for focused teamwork and training. During those meetings, we ensure we have some fun, learn, and do new things. Our personal technology is enabled to allow for team members to work from home, the office, the client site or in exciting offsite locations while we solve problems or develop BRG’s “next big thing”. Every day can be totally different, and our equipment tries to support that.
About The Firm – Berkeley Research Group
Berkeley Research Group, LLC (BRG) is a global consulting firm whose passion is helping clients with their most difficult problems. Headquartered in California with offices around the world, we are an integrated group of experts, industry leaders, academics, data scientists, and professionals working beyond borders and disciplines. We harness our collective expertise to deliver the inspired insights and practical strategies our clients need to stay ahead of what is next.
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the U.S., without company sponsorship. BRG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.#
Engineering and Information Technology
Management Consulting, Financial Services, and Hospital & Health Care