Senior Finance Manager Accounting
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, relentlessly innovate to ensure both impact & health system strengthening. At Living Goods, you will have the opportunity to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative environment, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
Give financial oversight, guidance (through reporting) & lead for the finance accounting team, ensuring compliance to policies & legal/regulatory requirements, and overall achievement of country objectives.
Roles And Responsibilities
Ensure General Ledger integrity, overseeing the preparation & presentation of financial data in accordance with Financial Accounting standards; analyzing financial discrepancies and recommend effective solutions through management reporting by
- Manages accounting operations functions
- Oversee the integrity of the balance sheet and general ledger accounts
- Review and recommend modifications to the accounting systems and processes
- Participate in financial standards setting
- Perform other accounting duties and supporting other accounting staff
- Evaluate and examine the reliability and integrity of financial information and the efficient and effective use of resources
- Prepare financial statements
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results to the Head of Finance and Administration
Budgeting & Treasury Management
Ensures data integrity is maintain against specified system dimensions. Provides support to the Head of Finance and Administration to inform budget monitoring. Provides oversight over bank accounts and cash flow. Support the HOFA to project cash flow needs.
Ensure Regulatory & Donor Compliance
Prepare Country Financial Reports for annual audits. Provides support for donor specific and country audits; ensuring all country operations are aligned to legal/regulatory/donor requirements
Policy implementation & reviews
Engage in Financial (& other) Policy Implementation, ensuring compliance to set internal control, engaging in annual reviews and policy updates. Follow through on Management Letter recommendations
Safeguard Company Assets
Monitor usage of company cash & assets; setting in place protective measures/policies to ensure their safeguard. Reviewing periodic schedules for additions, movement & reconciliations. Ascertain adequate insurance for all company assets.
Give lead to the finance accounting team
Oversee operations of the finance accounting team, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for supervisees to be met. Appraises supervisees performance & recommends necessary training needs; model & coach them in financial disciplines
Skills And Competencies
- Team Leadership skills,
- Analytical & Interpersonal skills,
- Communication & presentation skills,
- Integral & Confidentiality, Business Analysis skills,
- knowledge of working statutory Regulatory & Legislation,
- Good Knowledge of international accounting standards,
- Understanding of Donor requirements e.g., USAID,
- Ability to demonstrate & teach principles,
- computer proficiency especially with spreadsheets & accounting packages,
- Multi-tasker, Creative & critical thinking skills, and proven strategic planning experience at managerial level.
- University degree in accounting or Finance with ACCA or CPA. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of financial/project management/accounting experience within an international organization, multinational company with complex donor requirements.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and annual performance bonus pay opportunity. This is an opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend not responding and not sending money or personal information.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and Sales
Nonprofit Organization Management, Computer Software, and Financial Services