Senior Engineer – Motors
At AriensCo, we build more than exceptional products – we create opportunities that impact careers. Our culture values innovative thinking, hard work and determination. We interact in teams, collaborate together and make decisions quickly.
We see growth potential in every team member, and are committed to supporting our employees with continuous training and advancement opportunities.
Our environment? We’re corporate, without being “corporate.” Whether you work at our headquarters, manufacturing facilities, or one of our global distribution businesses, you’ll always have the freedom to create and contribute. Our company vision is “Passionate People, Astounded Customers.” Quite simply: it revolves around people
Speaking of people, you’re not just employee #1,762 to us. You’re family and your role is invaluable. Without exceptional people, we can’t continue to produce the amazing products we’re known for around the world.
Ready for the ride of your career? Then come join us. By joining our team, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a rewarding workplace with a strong sense of community.
AriensCo is a leading innovator in the outdoor power equipment industry and has a Senior Engineer-Motors role available at their Brillion, WI headquarters. The Sr. Engineers-Motors will work collaboratively on projects of high complexity related to electric motor design and validation for use on Outdoor Power Equipment (OPE). This role will lead the identification and validation of external suppliers and components for motor technology and will be the technical lead for motor design and development. Working within a project team this position will provide input into the development of the electric vehicle system.
The Day To Day…
- Identifies motor technology trends and capabilities and drive strategies with Supply Chain to identify and validate supplier’s capabilities in the area of motor technology, sensors, and control methodology.
- Supports Platform Engineering to identify product and customer system level requirements that drive motor design technology, system level architecture, and tradeoffs related to power, torque, temperature and application duty cycle to optimize motor performance to product requirements.
- Develop motor requirements documents and test plans for validation of motors. Oversee DVP&R for internal and supplier testing for motor validation.
- Coordinate component and system level product testing through PVV test group with clearly written test requests with emphasis on motor performance to specification and thermal limits of designs.
- Perform root cause analysis of motor test failures and identify corrective actions.
- Ensure that motor designs and packaging comply with applicable UL, CE, and ANSI regulatory standards.
- Develop supplier relationships to align and advance motor specifications and manufacturing processes to supplier’s capabilities with focus on high quality, cost effective designs.
- Analyze motor designs to increase efficiency and identify potential for multi-platform applications.
- Review Industry related patents and create IP to protect and advance company’s interests.
- Actively participate with Industry Consortiums and Education Institutions to monitor technology advancements.
- Supplies technical information to other groups as required such as Design, Sourcing, Testing, Analysis, Manufacturing, Tech Pubs, and Industrial Design.
- Gives periodic presentations of innovation projects to platform managers, marketing managers, executives, etc.
- Documents and presents technical information and arguments as required during design reviews.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and international)
- This is not necessarily a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, experience or requirements associated with the job.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Mechanical Engineering (BSME) from a four-year accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a design engineering role.
- Experience with PMAC and BLDC motor theory, design and applications.
- Knowledge of motor controls and regenerative braking and battery technology applications.
- Ability to program motor controls and application a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment within the outdoor power/off-highway equipment industry desired.
- Ability to analyze motor design and perform simulations to establish predictive motor performance.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels of the organization as a technical leader and contributor.
- Ability to use standard laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project and PowerPoint.
- This position is located in Brillion, WI.
Since 1933, the AriensCo name has been associated with reliable, durably crafted, high-performance outdoor power equipment. Our core values – Be Honest, Be Fair, Respect the Individual, Keep our Commitments, and Encourage Intellectual Curiosity define our culture and inspire our team. We believe passionate people and astounded customers lead to unstoppable success.
AriensCo Employees Are Provided Various Great Benefit Opportunities Which May Include
Our employees’ quality of life is important to us. When people feel appreciated, respected and supported, careers thrive and ideas come to fruition.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance effective first day of employment
- Onsite health clinic with Bellin Health
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Bonus Programs
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Flexible spending account (FSA) plan
- Voluntary wellness programs
- Employee Product discount program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gym discount membership program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety shoes and safety prescription glasses reimbursement
- Apprenticeship opportunities
- Cross-training and job rotation opportunities
- Career paths
- Ongoing development through the Ariens Academy
- Kaizen Events – continuous improvement
- Ability to win products
- Daycare (coming Fall 2021)
The concept of diversity is important to us at AriensCo. That’s why we’ve created a culture that is inclusive, accepting and understanding. We embrace diversity among our partners, suppliers and employees. We also strive for diversity in the quality of our ideas. Inclusion and acceptance means that, regardless of who you are, you will always be standing on our welcome mat.
AriensCo is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AriensCo hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Providing our employees with an environment free of discrimination and harassment is something we take very seriously. Embracing diversity enables us to attract the best talent, foster productive teamwork, and expand our business opportunities.
Antas ng seniority
Uri ng trabaho
Function sa trabaho
Engineering, Information Technology
Construction, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Consumer Goods
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ph.linkedin.com.