Senior Emission Trading System (ETS) Analyst (Market related CTC)
A global organisation in the metals & mining industry is looking for a Senior Emission Trading System (ETS) Analyst to join the team in Sandton.
- Develop in house supply & demand analysis for key ETS outside of China. Initial focus to be the EU followed by other markets with significant up or downstream industries in the metals value chain.
- Develop a deep understanding of the ETS and power market regulatory framework and policies, including the outlook for the expansion of the scope of ETS. Model the generation of free allowances as well as their evolution over time. Model the future supply and demand of ETS on an unresolved basis.
- Analyse the economics of abatement and fuel switching for key sectors in the ETS.
- Deliver a medium to long term ETS price forecast in view of the above.
- Closely monitor regulatory developments affecting power production costs in the markets of focus for ETS analysis.
- Coordinate with the product analyst team on the impact of the ETS and regulatory interventions in the power markets on cost economics and their outlook, as well as on the trade flows of different products.
- At least 3 years experience in analysing the ETS within the power, coal or gas industries
- Degree in Economics, Maths or Power related fields
- Strong background in statistical and quantitative analysis
- Knowledge of Python (with experience in using pandas and matplotlib), relational databases and SQL as well as PowerBI or Tableau advantageous.
If you do not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.