Senior Customer Success Manager – Public Sector
This person must be organized and reliable at all levels, always delivering on their promises and meeting deadlines being a part of their DNA. They must be flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure from all areas while producing high quality work that conforms to the demands of a key customer public sector base with extremely high standards and expectations. It requires an individual with good business acumen, strong planning skills, sound technical orientation, excellent relationship building skills and strategic execution ability to drive success.
- Develop, review and implement Customer Account Plans for the designated base to deliver on the outcomes of the Customer Experience Strategy
- Relationship building through regular customer meetings and/or interaction
- Being decisive and confident where required to execute on customer requirements within strict time frames in order to delight clients
- Executing defined CS strategies within the designated customer base.
- Following up on surveys based on the guidelines provided.
- Gaining permission from happy customers to use their feedback in various forms of reference activities.
- Identifying upsell opportunity within the assigned base and ensuring the Upsell Manager is aware and engaged.
- Protecting ARR via customer retention and satisfaction programs derived from the Customer Experience Strategy
- Build strong relationships to help proactively mitigate the risk of churn.
- Ensure Mimecast is part of the budget planning process and ensure there are no surprises when it comes to the renewal period.
- Increase the value of the Mimecast service within the customer base by ensuring feature utilization including end user applications.
- For customers @Risk, regular updates will need to be provided to appropriate management and documented within the CRM System.
General Customer Management
- Be a known point of contact for relationship building for these customers, including escalations where required
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve customer problems where appropriate, alternatively to be able to escalate where required and use additional internal resources as needed
- Drive customer education through training awareness and attendance, as well as ability to share knowledge and demonstrate or train when required
- Methodical and diligent record keeping and database management within the CRM system to illustrate engagement levels and value add
- Relationship building at all levels of an organization through proactive contact
- Management of key deployment projects where required in customers, coordinating various parties across the business to deliver on the required outcomes
- Business and Financial Understanding in order to plan strategically in client base NPV, Cost Benefit Analysis, Cost to acquire, cost to serve
- Support the Customer Development Manager and Licensing team on renewal negotiation, contract and SLA management.
- 3 year degree required
- 5 year’s work experience in a relevant role with 2 years in an account management role, IT background or CS role with focus on public sector is an advantage
- Fast paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial company preferably SAAS company experience preferred
- Excellent people skills i.e. ability to build relationships, networking and understanding channel complexities
- Good administrative skills including:
- Planning and time management to execute within parameters
- Risk forecasting and reporting – general adherence to internal deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office and other business tools to communicate and/or present professionally to customers
- Great communication skills – verbal and written, ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Business skills and financial acumen to plan strategically against business levers such as NPV, Margin, C2S etc.
- Technical aptitude
- Knowledge on Microsoft licensing and email security an advantage
Key Performance Indicators
- Revenue protection through retention and risk avoidance. Ensuring customers are using the service to obtain the highest value.
- Customer survey follow-up including CSi NPS and Mood surveys. Increase customer references within the base (including quotes, verbal references, case studies, testimonials, referrals etc.).
- Management and tracking of customer engagement within the CRM tool including daily interactions and more formal interactions such as service reviews and quarterly business reviews.
Customer Service and Information Technology
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services