Senior Counsel – Sales & Marketing
All The Responsibilities We Will Trust You With
- Gaining an understanding of LBS’ businesses, their goals and challenges and identifying and compliance strategies to facilitate those goals and minimize those challenges.
- Participating in business management team meetings and functioning as a business partner who provides trusted counsel on issues considering both global and local requirements.
- Educating business leadership on the appropriate use and “demonstrate” of in-house counsel.
- Preparing strategy for, negotiating, reviewing and drafting transactional documents, contracts and other legal agreements such as sophisticated SaaS, RFP, supply, licensing, real estate, joint development, service, companion diagnostics, and employment agreements.
- Reviewing and providing legal advice regarding service sales strategies, plans, and programs.
- Developing appropriate approaches to dispute resolution, lawsuits, and arbitrations; providing regular, clear communication of litigation issues and opportunities to the affected business and legal function.
- Working closely with the Regulatory Affairs/Quality Assurance departments on medical device registrations, customer complaints and MDR reporting, market withdrawal/recall analysis and labeling review.
- Assisting with mergers & acquisitions from due diligence to documentation depending on the situation and background.
- Creating, updating and/or implementing local agreement templates and compliance policies and procedures taking into account local legal requirements and Danaher global policies.
- Leading employment matters, providing counsel to the HR department on policies and procedures, handling employee relations, investigations and litigation.
- Conducting compliance-related investigations and implementing action plans to remediate identified issues.
- Advising on day-to-day general compliance questions and questions under local civil, commercial, corporate, conflicts of interest, data protection and privacy laws.
- Establishing relationships within the LBS legal team and Danaher’s legal community.
- Identifying and executing on opportunities for continuous improvement, efficiency and savings in providing legal services.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise that matters most for this role:
- 8+ years’ experience.
- Law firm and/or in-house experience for a large medical device or pharmaceutical company(ies), including experience with sophisticated commercial and corporate transactions, employment, intellectual property laws and general corporate law.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal issues facing global medical device companies including marketing and advertising laws, anti-bribery, FCPA, anti-kickback, Medicare fraud and abuse, FDA regulations, Sunshine, companion diagnostics, etc.
- Proven ability to lead and manage legal risks for complex strategic transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions regarding the resolution of complex regional or functional business problems, independent of popularity of decision.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects. Highly motivated with the ability to be proactive, take initiative, and carefully monitor, follow through, and complete projects in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with senior management.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is encouraged to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit. This job description may be changed at any time.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at 202.419.7762 or [email protected] to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.