Senior Communications Manager
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for an experienced external communications professional (7+ years experience) who is passionate about helping small businesses succeed.
You’ll be part of the Customer and External Communications team and be responsible for supporting Xero’s Customer Experience and Customer Success team to deliver on its communications objectives. You will be a communications professional with a passion for technology and customer success. You’ll collaborate with key teams across communications as well as marketing and brand, and social media, to develop creative and engaging communications plans and tactics to raise awareness of Xero’s customer support platform, Xero Central.
You will have a strong creative mindset and know how to explain benefits and impact to customers, media, and other external audiences. You will be an excellent writer who can help to generate ideas on how to tell a story – in which format and on which channels. You’ll be familiar with both media and social media, and be able to work with key teams to executive innovative campaigns through these channels. You will be able to understand technical customer detail and translate benefits into easily digestible copy.
What You’ll do:
- Develop and deliver engaging external communications plans and tactics with the goal of raising awareness of Xero Central and meeting the Customer Experience team’s communications objectives
- Be a key communications contributor to the Customer Success marketing strategy Develop creative and engaging content
- Help to build brand awareness to help increase utilisation of Xero Central
- Track and report on how the awareness of Xero Central is performing across social media platforms, media coverage and other external channels and audiences
- Lead communications initiatives, working with global and regional communications, social media, and brand and marketing teams, to highlight education, success and ways to support customers in all phases of their journey with Xero
What You’ll bring :
- Understanding of the media landscape globally with proven experience in landing proactive stories
- Ability to establish credibility and strong working relationships quickly across Xero’s Customer Experience team
- Passion for comms; experience in thought leadership and creative campaigns
- Self-motivated, proactive and fast moving
- Verbal and written communication skills including copywriting with ease
- High levels of energy, resilience, creativity, sense of humour and team spirit
- A sound communicator that has a passion for customer success
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously and working across different stakeholder groups
- Understanding of working across teams and functions to deliver communications campaigns
- An understanding of the small business market and/or accounting would help
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.
Marketing, Public Relations, and Writing/Editing
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services