Senior Cloud Engineer
- Working in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineering team.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Participate in Agile sprints and ceremonies; support rapid iteration and development
- Builds code to specifications and standards
- Creates and conducts executable tests, continuously integrating code into the overall software framework
- Research technical strategies, third party tools, and current and new technologies to deal with emerging technical issues and improve development efficiency
- Promotes agile principles and methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
- 5+ years’ experience architecting scalable distributed systems.
- 3+ years of experience in Azure Cloud
- Experience with at least one end-end enterprise implementation using PaaS preferable AKS.
- Experience working with Public/Private/Hybrid cloud architecture (PaaS) using AKS preferably and Azure, Azure SQL, etc.
- Experience in Terraform, Infra as Code, and Desired State Configuration.
- Good knowledge of Unix and Bosh CLI
- Experience with end-to-end application development in open-stack technologies running in private, public or hybrid datacenter locations is preferred.
- Software development in an agile environment with a focus on Devops with CI/CD.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate at different management levels.
- Experience with platform technologies, modern software architectures and API-driven development, scripting languages, technologies such as: API Gateways, Messaging, Data Event Streaming, REST, SOAP, Distributed Tracing, Relational and Document Database Interface/SQL
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
Antas ng seniority
Uri ng trabaho
Function sa trabaho
Engineering, Information Technology