Senior Advisory Consultant, Trilogy (Remote) – $200,000/year USD
Crossover for Work
Secondary school history books will have you believe that Thomas Edison is the one responsible for inventing the electrical distribution system. By now, however, you’ve likely learned that Nikola Tesla’s AC system is what really powers your home. Behind every success story, there is a powerful engine hidden from the public eye that makes the whole system work.
In Trilogy’s case, that engine is a robust acquisition framework capable of acquiring two software companies per week, and we are looking for hands-on, quality-obsessed managers to run it.
If you are a management consultant interested in M&A but bored by traditional post-merger drudgeries, a private equity associate growing tired of months-long due diligence cycles and working with one target at a time, or working at a fast-paced startup but seeking to grow into a highly visible business role, then the Trilogy Ops team is the right next step in your career.
What You Will Be Doing
- Diving into the details of specific business unit functions (customer support, renewals, engineering, etc.).
- Writing documents that make important decisions for the centralization of processes for acquired companies and devising execution plans.
- Executing the proposed processes for centralization after the process has been simplified.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Project management, product management, or program management. This role is much more hands-on and in-the-details than a normal operations role.
- Making subjective judgment calls. We are a data-driven organization, and each decision needs to be substantiated by evidence.
Senior Advisory Consultant Key Responsibilities
- Facilitate the acquisition and integration of two companies per week across multiple business functions.
- Turn negative-margin software companies into financial winners.
- University degree (BS, MS, MBA, or PhD) in a technical or business-related field
- At least 5 years of high-leverage decision-making experience
- Superior business writing skills
- Ability to work 100% remotely
- A lack of experience in operations or software. The less unlearning you have to do, the better.
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today’s modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4549-AU-Sydney-SeniorAdvisory.002
Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, and Management Consulting