The key responsibility of the Principal is to shape the vision of Academic Success for all students by establishing a school wide vision of commitment to high standards and success.
- Provide effective leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating the instructional program, technology management, fiscal leadership/management, and school operations.
- Assist in the mentoring, recruiting, screening, selecting, and assigning of the staff.
- Supervise, observe, evaluate and train teachers and staff.
- Interpret data from student assessments, program evaluations, and benchmarking activities to improve and accelerate student learning.
- Provide a climate of high expectation for staff and students with a focus on learning and results.
- Lead benchmarking process.
- Identify day-to-day challenges in the classroom, recognise barriers to program delivery, and collaborate with staff to address these challenges.
- Communicate and clarify the school’s mission, vision, and goals to stakeholders and others.
- Master’s Degree (Educational Administration preferred).
- Working knowledge of GES and Cambridge curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness.
- Strong communications, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong focus on improvement of student academic performance.
- Ability to promote a safe and orderly learning environment